Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soundley23

Is this hormonal acne???

Hi,

I've never before experienced any ongoing dermatological issues with my face, but after graduating college I developed occasional cystic acne, as well as long-lasting small bumps (especially on my cheeks) that either never come to a head and just remain there, or they suddenly become red and inflamed for weeks at a time (see photo below). If they do come to a head, a hard white plug comes out and it still remains inflamed. 

I now travel a lot for work and often am back and forth between extreme climates (arid and hot southwest to humid midwest and subtropical Mexico). This seems to exacerbate the bumps (new ones develop typically).  I also think new ones arise when I ovulate, but I haven't been paying attention to that correlation for more than 2 months. I have a simple cleansing regimen of using Neutrogena oil free cleanser at night and a water splash in the morning that has worked for years for me. I use clean towels only for my face, I don't wear any makeup and barely any hair product, I moisturize, I exercise, don't smoke, and I eat clean. I'm a female in my 20s and I live in an extremely arid climate. 

What type of acne are these bumps and why are they only on my cheeks? 

20180129_163052.jpg

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes