Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInside

Using Hemp seed oil for cystic acne: internally, externally or both?

I'd like to hear from anyone who suffers/suffered from inflamed cystic acne and who uses/used Hemp seed oil--either internally, externally or both. I'd like to know how, exactly, you used it--e.g., applied 3 drops to your face twice daily before applying topical medication, took 1 Tbsp. internally each day, etc.--and what results you noticed, good or bad.

Now, for my backstory: I'm 41 year old and suffering from inflamed cystic acne for the second time in my life. The first time was in my early 20's, prior to taking birth control pills (BC). In Nov. 2016, I stopped taking BC due to certain health issues and side effects--especially migraines, which I'd suffered from for all 18 years that I remained on it. (I still have migraines, but they're less strong and shorter in duration now.)

One month after stopping BC, my skin's oil production went into overdrive--worse than I recall having in my teen years. Seven months after stopping it, the cystic acne started.. Now, 14 months after stopping it, I'm suffering from inflamed cystic acne--mostly on my lower face/chin/jaw areas, but I've had some develop on my forehead, temples and on the inner bridge of my nose, between my eyes. *sigh* 

Thank you,
PI