Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cluemanati

What type of acne scars do I have ?

Hello guys, I had mild acne all of throughout HS . I was prescribed (accutane) or the newer version of acctuane last year September. I got off of accutane mid December. I’ve been using a .25 Derma roller and vitamin c serum to try to get rid of my marks . What type of acne scars do I have ? How long would it take to get rid of them ? Any advice for me ? BTW my skin is red in the picture because I just used the Derma roller ,  serum and moisturizer .

7588AEF0-FF99-47B3-96CB-2A4844EC4FDB.jpeg

Hi there, the redness thew me off too, haha. 

You have textural rolling scars. Are you using retin a or tretinorin nightly at home? You can buy differin  from Target OTC. 

If your doing microneedling you also need to be peeling with TCA. One separate months. They work together. For a how to goto the scar solutions sub, first post faq, then the tca section, and click the link, read the whole first page. Or you can have your doctor do a sedated deep peel to get under the scars. Another option is erbium laser resurfacing, as a alternative.

Because of your skin pigment you need to use skin bleaching or skin whitening cream that has ingredients hydroquinone or albutin with your differin for 3 weeks before any procedure to avoid hyperpigmentation.