Notifications
Clear all

Please help, severe hyperpigmentation (pictures)

MemberMember
(@adnan1234)

Posted : 01/29/2018 3:43 am

Hey, my names Adnan and I have struggled with pih marks for about 7 months. I™m currently 15 and It started small and then all of a sudden my entire cheeks are covered with marks, some dark some light. My acne is controlled atm by using benzoyl peroxide, and I™ve started using Apple cider vinegar (applying) on my marks for a month now. I put on sunscreen every time I go out. Is there anything I can try. Please help 

72267CE7-F6D2-42D7-9E48-CEED1915F70E.jpeg

AEE2F54A-FB5B-472C-B9F7-BF6C2A20D729.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/29/2018 9:43 am

I personaly suspect something else here,maybe some type of folliculitus going on.

i suggest you get to the dr and dont leave without a course of oral anti biotics,so ething like lymecycline.
:)

MemberMember
(@beachgirl333)

Posted : 02/08/2018 3:56 pm

Hi Adnan,

In my experience, oral antibiotics don't have any effect on PIH. Continue using the benzoyl peroxide, the exfoliate should help with the PIH over time (granted it will take a long time). PIH can take longer to get rid of than acne. I haven't experienced folliculitis, but going to a dermatologist is always a great idea. My dermatologist used light therapy for my PIH.

I recommend using redness relieving products, Eucerin and Aveeno are my favorite drugstore options but Clinique, Shiseido, and Murad have great higher end products too. I've heard great things about the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, but I use thePalmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Scar Serum as a dupe. Microneedling with a .5mm titanium derma roller will help the products soak into the skin! You can buy one for pretty cheap on amazon. Just make sure to clean the derma roller with rubbing alcohol after every use and replace the head after three months. Here's more information:
http://www.refinery29.com/micro-needling-guide

I highly recommend the Dr. Jart Cicapair Green Cure cream. It's very expensive, but a little goes a long way! Use it every morning. You can also get it for less on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KRNTEME/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3332B8IEPZ49K&psc=1

If you're not using face masks on a regular basis, start by using one every week. I suggest the:
Yes To Miracle Oil Brighten and Condition mask
Yes To Miracle Oil Calm and Soothe mask
Loreal Detox and Brighten Clay Mask
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Oatmeal Mask

Additionally, (again I know it's expensive but) getting a facial every month or even just once a season, will help fade the PIH much faster.

Lastly, if you're not already, make sure to take biotin and omega 3 supplements daily. Although it's hard to find, taking a collagen supplement will also help your skin heal.

I know this is a lot, but it will really help!

Best of luck.