Notifications
Clear all

Judge my acne and help me!

MemberMember
(@laurenmarie_)

Posted : 01/29/2018 2:12 am

Hi I have attacked a picture of my acne. I ALWAYS break out on my chin and around my mouth. About 3 months ago I went to an esthetician who recommended I use a prescribed cleanser with salicylic acid and a mattifier moisturizer. I used it for 3 months and my forehead cleared a bit but my chin had no change. I recently just changed my regimen to the following 
1. Oil control foam wash by Cetaphil
2. Dickinson™s original witch hazel
3. Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin. 
Nightly I use the Neutrogena light acne mask. 
PLEASE RATE MY ACNE /10 HONESTLY AND GIVE ME ANY TIPS YOU HAVE. thank you!!!!
ps. I was thinking of going in for a microdermabrasion and light chemical peel facial. Good or bad idea?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

MemberMember
(@anna1995)

Posted : 01/30/2018 4:18 am

its really not that bad i would say your acne is deff mild (when its your face you always think its worst than it is though). I read that acne which is pretty resistant round your chin is hormonal, are you on the pill or anything ?
also I use a spot cream which is just aloe vera jell which i added teatree oil to (super cheap) and its helps alot with inflammation and scar healing it, that may help for you x

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 01/30/2018 10:45 am

I think a microdermabrasion is a bad idea, a chemical peel may be okay but judging by the pictures you have sensitive skin and they may cause more harm than good. If you decide to have a chemical peel done, you should tell your esthetician to use something like lactic acid as it is generally tolerated by sensitive skin individuals. How does your skin feel when you wake up, throughout the day, and after you cleanse your face at night? The neutrogena light mask is a scam in my opinion and the wavelengths arent strong enough to penetrate the skin and give any true results. You are using quite a few drying products, your skin may need more hydration.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/30/2018 12:05 pm

You and I have acne around the same area. It could mean that it is hormonal. It looks mild. I second not doing any other procedure as your skin seems sensitive (do you have rosacea?). If its hormonal, you may have to deal with it internally as topicals don't usually address hormonal issues well. Your acne defintiely does not look bad or detract from your face.