Notifications
Clear all

Best Self-Tanners for Acne?

MemberMember
(@understatement)

Posted : 01/28/2018 11:40 pm

Hi there,

I have extremely sensitive skin and body acne, mainly on my chest and back. I also suffer from acne on my face, mostly around my chin and jaw area but also cheeks and forehead occasionally.

I'm super pale -- like I'm so pale that I blend in with the sand at the beach. If I go out in the sun for more than 20 minutes I burn. I was really hoping to try out some self-tanners this spring and summer especially because I'm going to Spain in March but I'm kind of scared I'm going to have a horrible reaction and break out everywhere.

Does anyone have any good self-tanner recommendations that didn't make them into a pimply pizza? Thank you in advanced!

MemberMember
(@joshua17)

Posted : 02/01/2018 8:26 pm

I also have sensitive skin and i had body acne but its now fading (the only thing that got rid of my body acne was head and shoulders classic clean, everyone is different but i really recommend it)
Im a guy but i do model so i wear fake tan if im feeling like im not tan enough. 
Its actually been proven that fake tan surprisingly helps with body acne, since it stops your body from overproducing oil but some can be irritating and cause acne. Took alot of experimenting but the best tan i found that actually improved my skin instead of breaking me out and looks really natural was bondi sands. I use the foam but you can choose from lotions, foams or mists and they have lighter shades too. Oh and it wont look 100% until youve showered so dont judge it until youve done that. I wouldnt even use any other tan now
Hope i helped :) 

MemberMember
(@understatement)

Posted : 02/14/2018 9:12 pm

On 2/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Joshua17 said:

I also have sensitive skin and i had body acne but its now fading (the only thing that got rid of my body acne was head and shoulders classic clean, everyone is different but i really recommend it)
Im a guy but i do model so i wear fake tan if im feeling like im not tan enough. 
Its actually been proven that fake tan surprisingly helps with body acne, since it stops your body from overproducing oil but some can be irritating and cause acne. Took alot of experimenting but the best tan i found that actually improved my skin instead of breaking me out and looks really natural was bondi sands. I use the foam but you can choose from lotions, foams or mists and they have lighter shades too. Oh and it wont look 100% until youve showered so dont judge it until youve done that. I wouldnt even use any other tan now
Hope i helped :) 

Omg thank you so much! Yes you helped a bunch. I have dyed hair so I can't use head and shoulders, but my body acne is *mostly* under control which is why I don't want to use something that will make it worse. I'll try your suggestion, thank you! :)