Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on some sulphur pills, clindoxyl gel I think it's called and Differin gel. They said I would get a breakout or not see any improvement for the first 4-6 weeks. Well It hasn't been 6 weeks yet, but I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement. In fact, I just broke out this week and I haven't broke out like this for like 2 years. EVerything was going fine with the regimen I was on, no breakouts, but no real clearing of the skin.. Now I get this. What gives? WILL this improve?

the main problems with dermatologists is that they never had acne. Mine didn't

She said that my sking will break out a lot with the new treatment but it all will go away in two months for sure. Well, I broke out with more zits than all 7 years combined. Plus, my forehead was ruined...I never had ance there and now I do. So I stiooed using that stupid retin-a gel and made another appointment.

Unfortunately, on the day fo the appointment my skin looksed its best so I cancelled. She'd just laugh at me if I came...

So in the conslusion, don't go to a dermatologist with mild acne. You'll get moderate. If you have moderate, you'll get almost severe. If you have severe than go to a derm and get Accutane..but you don't sound like you have severe.

the main problems with dermatologists is that they never had acne. Mine didn't

She said that my sking will break out a lot with the new treatment but it all will go away in two months for sure. Well, I broke out with more zits than all 7 years combined. Plus, my forehead was ruined...I never had ance there and now I do. So I stiooed using that stupid retin-a gel and made another appointment.

Unfortunately, on the day fo the appointment my skin looksed its best so I cancelled. She'd just laugh at me if I came...

So in the conslusion, don't go to a dermatologist with mild acne. You'll get moderate. If you have moderate, you'll get almost severe. If you have severe than go to a derm and get Accutane..but you don't sound like you have severe.

Try to get antibiotics. They actuall do work in most cases of mild or moderate and they do not cause any init breakout.

My suggestion is allow them to try at least one antibiotic on you, if it works well and good, if not only then think about accutane

good luck with getting accutane. If you do, tell me what you told your dermatologist. I'll try it with mine.

I went to her 3 times and all 3 times she'd give me retin a! stupid woman...