Notifications
Clear all

Treatments for shallow scars?

MemberMember
(@reassuringash)

Posted : 01/27/2018 5:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I am looking to do something about my acne scars that are left over from a bad breakout when I was about 15  (now 19). I have looked into many different scar treatments, but am unsure what would be the best for my type of scarring. It seems pretty shallow, but at the same time I can still notice my scars in reflections. I have done a laser genesis treatment in the past that seemed to have helped a little bit, but i'm not sure because I don't have anything to compare it to. If anyone else with scars on the shallow side have done any treatments that were really effective, please let me know. Thank you all for posting on this site, it has been very helpful. Here is a picture now:

IMG_4421.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/27/2018 8:25 pm

Can you help me understand what your biggest concern in the picture is?

I see a V- like formation of rolling scars under the eye and that would be fixed with subcision and filler or saline and Chinese cupping (Amazon).

MemberMember
(@reassuringash)

Posted : 01/27/2018 9:44 pm

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Can you help me understand what your biggest concern in the picture is?

I see a V- like formation of rolling scars under the eye and that would be fixed with subcision and filler or saline and Chinese cupping (Amazon).

Yea, basically I had two big cysts right under my eye right there that left two rolling scars. There is also a very shallow scar that used to be deeper and nearly flattened completely,but it is still slightly atrophic and no longer seems to be improving. They're more obvious in specific lighting scenarios. I've been quoted by a plastic surgeon for a filler there, but it ends up being about 700 USD for a single syringe of bellafill. I've been recommended to do the Eclipse dermapen also, but i've read mixed reviews on that as well. Do you think that would help with the kind of scars that I have? As for the saline and chinese cupping, I'm gonna look that up, but I haven't heard of it before. Thank you for your reply

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 01/28/2018 2:28 am

Don't know where you are located, but sometimes medspas are decent and they can do a good job with fillers. They're usually much less expensive than a plastic surgeon's office and all they do all day is injecting.

These couple of indentations look very straight-forward to fill. The only thing I would caution with, is that there is one right in the undereye area which is more of a danger zone for arterial occlusion (the filler blocks an artery). That can be a major complication, but thankfully is rare from what I've read. An advanced nurse injector would be more than capable of filling this.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/28/2018 6:24 am

Sounds like your all set with the plastic surgeon. I don't see the microneedling helping you, rf microneedling is better, but in your case I don't think this is necessary. If your intent on microneedling anyone can dermastamp online with a device like derminator if you Google it or even just a manual stamp. I see subcision and filler helping you most and spot peels for texture or erbium laser to smooth out things.

Learn about saline and Chinese cupping in the FAQ , top of the scar solutions sub, first post , goto the subcision section. ... no doctor will do this besides the saline injections, with filler you do not need to do this. It's a cheaper alternative and requires you to vacuum the area for several weeks to prevent reattachment. OF course filler is the best option as it looks like they inject it without doing any other work besides a repeat when you run out as needed.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 01/29/2018 2:25 am

I would also add that your skin, is basically very good / near perfect aside from those very MINOR dents. This is an easy fix.