Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I'm a 17 year old guy and a junior in high school right now. At around the age of 16 or so (during the end of freshman year) I started to get maybe 1 or 2 pimples every once in a while and I kept picking them until they eventually went away. I was oftenly considered as a really good looking guy back then, and I fell in love with a guy at school and we dated for about 2 years. After Sophomore year began, acne just completely took over my life. I don't have very serious acne, it's just that the marks never leave and it's like if the old acne is still there. I lost my girlfriend, a few of my friends, and probably the worst of all was just how sad it made me during school. I literally just stopped being attractive because of my acne. It came and ruined my life. Now I barely make friends and people always ask me what happened to me after Freshman year. It's like this acne took over my whole life..

I am 17 and go to high school too.
I have a guy in my class with moderate acne who Has alot of friend and girlfriend
I have another guy in my class with Severe acne who Has alot of friend and girls in the class admire him and wants to hang out with him
I know a bunch of guys in other classes with severe acne, or really bad scars that have a lot of friend and girlfriend and they seem to be very happy and talk and joke both with males and females.
I myself have had very SEVERE acne and now have scars and hyperpigmentation. U can't imagine how many nights i cried and was angry about it. I can't look in the mirror for more than 2 seconds without being disgusted. Yet there is a very cute girl that looks at me with so much love I can't believe it, both when we are talking and when we are having "fun". I also got a bunch of friends, really good friends that have NEVER commented on my bad skin. they are all Good people simply 
If you do not have "serious" acne and it's going this way for you, it simply means you lack of personality to keep those people with you, or you are just being with wrong people. Becase there is SO SO SO much more important stuff in humans than how clean their faces are.

On 26/01/2018 at 10:00 AM, Duperele said:

I also got a bunch of friends, really good friends that have NEVER commented on my bad skin. they are all Good people simply 
If you do not have "serious" acne and it's going this way for you, it simply means you lack of personality to keep those people with you, or you are just being with wrong people.

Or the OP isn't as lucky as you are to have such a good support network. Count your blessings by all means, but don't be so narrow minded and assume that others are in the same situation as you and your friends. I don't think its fair to blame his suffering on a lack of personality - unless you happen to know him personally of course. Nor is it fair to suggest he can pick and choose who he's forced to interact with in life. Not everyone has access to a bunch of good friends that have NEVER commented on their bad skin. Not everyone has access to "good people". We are all prisoners to our environment to an extent. When I was 17 my parents decided where I lived and where I went to school, my teachers decided who was in my class and sometimes even who I sat next to. I didn't choose to interact with the majority of people I interacted with. Most of them were the "wrong" people.

On 26/01/2018 at 10:00 AM, Duperele said:

Becase there is SO SO SO much more important stuff in humans than how clean their faces are.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately a lot of people in the world don't.

12 hours ago, jwalk said:

Or the OP isn't as lucky as you are to have such a good support network. Count your blessings by all means, but don't be so narrow minded and assume that others are in the same situation as you and your friends. I don't think its fair to blame his suffering on a lack of personality - unless you happen to know him personally of course. Nor is it fair to suggest he can pick and choose who he's forced to interact with in life. Not everyone has access to a bunch of good friends that have NEVER commented on their bad skin. Not everyone has access to "good people". We are all prisoners to our environment to an extent. When I was 17 my parents decided where I lived and where I went to school, my teachers decided who was in my class and sometimes even who I sat next to. I didn't choose to interact with the majority of people I interacted with. Most of them were the "wrong" people.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately a lot of people in the world don't.
I would blame it on the lack of courage and self esteem, which from others perspective might look like a lack of personality.

If your friend comment on your bad skin and laugh at you, then it might be time to change friens

What you are telling me/him is that he has acne and is ruined because of that? That he should accept the fact that he has acne and blame his missfortunes on that. He said himself he does not have bad bad acne, then i do not think that it's all about acne. I heavily doubt that guys (If you are a gay) care about their friend having acne, why in the heck would they care? so what's the problem?

4 hours ago, Duperele said:

I would blame it on the lack of courage and self esteem, which from others perspective might look like a lack of personality.

That's entirely different from what you said in your first post. In it you suggested that his actual personality was to blame for his situation. Lack of courage may be the issue, but implying that someone is a coward and therefore deserves their fate is bordering on victim blaming. 

If your friend comment on your bad skin and laugh at you, then it might be time to change friens

Like I said, you're assuming that he has easy access to more potential friends. You've been fortunate enough to find good people, not everybody is that lucky. It took me a very long time to meet people like that. At such a young age It may be choice between "bad" friends or no friends at all. 

What you are telling me/him is that he has acne and is ruined because of that? That he should accept the fact that he has acne and blame his missfortunes on that.

I never said this. You suggested that he should blame his misfortunes on his own personality. I pointed out that there was absolutely no way you could know this.

I heavily doubt that guys (If you are a gay) care about their friend having acne, why in the heck would they care?

This sort of highlights my argument (although I'm not sure what you mean by the "if you are gay" comment). You've based this on your own experience of the statistically small number of people that you interact with. A lot of people in the world are just mean. They're bullies. I've no idea why they care, but a lot of people seem to genuinely take offence at the way other people look. 

Edited by jwalk

4 hours ago, jwalk said:

That's entirely different from what you said in your first post. In it you suggested that his actual personality was to blame for his situation. Lack of courage may be the issue, but implying that someone is a coward and therefore deserves their fate is bordering on victim blaming. 

Like I said, you're assuming that he has easy access to more potential friends. You've been fortunate enough to find good people, not everybody is that lucky. It took me a very long time to meet people like that. At such a young age It may be choice between "bad" friends or no friends at all. 

I never said this. You suggested that he should blame his misfortunes on his own personality. I pointed out that there was absolutely no way you could know this.

This sort of highlights my argument (although I'm not sure what you mean by the "if you are gay" comment). You've based this on your own experience of the statistically small number of people that you interact with. A lot of people in the world are just mean. They're bullies. I've no idea why they care, but a lot of people seem to genuinely take offence at the way other people look. 

He did not say anything about bullying.

If your girlfriend leaves you because of some acne then it means you have nothing else to offer to her than a clean face. If a relationship depends on the number of pimples on your face well then it's a horrible relationship.

11 hours ago, Duperele said:

He did not say anything about bullying.

I never said that he did. It was a direct response to one of your comments. You asked "why the heck would they care" - I was pointing out that a lot of people seem to care what other people look like and often take offence at what they see. I suggested that it might be because some people are bullies, or just mean, or just shallow.

12 hours ago, Duperele said:

If your girlfriend leaves you because of some acne then it means you have nothing else to offer to her than a clean face. If a relationship depends on the number of pimples on your face well then it's a horrible relationship.

I agree with you, but if you read my posts this isn't what I was disputing. I was criticising your implication that the OP's misfortune was down to his personality, when you can't possibly have any idea what his personality is like. I've no doubt that he was hanging around with some "bad" people, but to tacitly suggest that he just avoid the "bad" people and conjure up some "good" people to be friends with is extremely naive.

2 hours ago, jwalk said:

I never said that he did. It was a direct response to one of your comments. You asked "why the heck would they care" - I was pointing out that a lot of people seem to care what other people look like and often take offence at what they see. I suggested that it might be because some people are bullies, or just mean, or just shallow.

I agree with you, but if you read my posts this isn't what I was disputing. I was criticising your implication that the OP's misfortune was down to his personality, when you can't possibly have any idea what his personality is like. I've no doubt that he was hanging around with some "bad" people, but to tacitly suggest that he just avoid the "bad" people and conjure up some "good" people to be friends with is extremely naive.

I agree on the first one.

If it was not his personality, what was it then? acne? does not sound realistic, I am just curious .

On 29/01/2018 at 8:34 AM, Duperele said:
I agree on the first one.

If it was not his personality, what was it then? acne? does not sound realistic, I am just curious .

I’ve no idea, but the point is neither do you. It could be his personality, it could be his peers, it could be his culture, it could be his location, etc.