Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FinallyCured

Advice from an acne.org veteran

I read about a homemade toner in a holistic book for acne that has shown to be very effective in my personal experience. 
Use 100% pure tea tree oil with water, ratio 1:10 or 2:10. Use a spray bottle. Shake well and put on a cotton ball. Apply twice a day. 
Tea tree oil is antiseptic and it has been shown to be as effective as 5% benzoyl peroxide minus the side effects and the doctor/pharmacy visit. 
You will notice the results in about 2 weeks. I'm at month 1 now I believe and my blackheads on the nose have almost completely disappeared. My skin breaks out a lot less than usual.
the 2nd thing that I do which has proven to be very effective is drinking a lot of water and eating a clean diet of mostly vegetables, fruit and a little bread and legumes with almost no animal products (only butter here and there which I'm planning to quit very soon). 

Anyone can do this- it's cheap and effective. Before going into anything else, try this first and you'll be amazed after a month or two. The only problem is that you must have a strong will, because the diet isn't easy to follow and 2L of water a day can be exhausting.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes