Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars are these?

MemberMember
(@nationalrower)

Posted : 01/24/2018 3:40 pm

I'm confused, are my scars ice pick scars? I had treatment for them like 5 years ago and it didn't do anything. I think it was fraxel laser, 3 times. I have a consultation next week and I want to know what is the best treatment. I read that TCA cross is the best for ice pick, but is there anything else I can do? The doctor I'm seeing is the same one from last time, in their website they mention TCA cross as a treatment, so I'm assuming they offer it, but they don't have any before/after pictures for it. 

scars.jpg

scars2.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/24/2018 4:03 pm

I think your a good candidate for tca cross.

some cant be crossed as they are too small but the bigger stuff can be crossed.you need tca peel for the smaller stuff or correct laser resurfacing method,this you can fo after multiple treatments of tca cross,its fir smoothing things off,once again you will need many tca peels over a period to smooth your skin.

the magic is in the healing time,so takes many months between treatments.
:)

MemberMember
(@finallycured)

Posted : 01/24/2018 6:04 pm

TCA cross is an extremely aggressive treatment that only a doctor should recommend.
You can see improvement with regular microneedling sessions once a month.

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 01/24/2018 11:57 pm

I agree with @Quadboy. TCA Cross is going to give you the best improvement for the little pits you have. The term "extremely aggressive" is relative. Yes, it is a very high concentration of TCA being placed into the pit, but because you are only treating localized ice-pick scars, the healing is not that bad at all. In addition, what is ironic about TCA cross is that despite the fact you are using between 80%-100% TCA, it does not hurt in the slightest.I have had several of my icepick scars treated with TCA cross and all have responded extremely well :).

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/25/2018 12:37 am

@FinallyCuredTCA is not aggressive at all. Actually it's less agressive than microneedling if you use the proper saftey to handle the acid as stated in the FAQ top of the scar solutions sub, first post, TCA section, read the link ... whole first page on acid peels.

Microneedling will do nothing for this person's scars so that's not a good suggestion. If your saying RF microneedling they could do that in conjunction with tca cross and tca peels. Whatever they have the time and money for but Cross is a must.

MemberMember
(@nationalrower)

Posted : 02/06/2018 2:05 pm

So she said that most of my scars are boxcar, not ice pick. She treated the few ice picks with tca cross and she recommended rf microneedling for the rest. She was so hesitant about even giving me a price for the tca cross (which was cheaper) it makes me feel like maybe she's just suggesting the most expensive treatment? What do you guys think? Should I go somewhere else? 

IMG_7005.PNG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/06/2018 4:14 pm

Considering she is in control and has use of 2 arms/hands she missed loads of crossable scars.
:)

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/06/2018 9:16 pm

TCA cross looks your best bet. And its no surprise three sessions of Fraxel did nothing for your scar type. All the best moving forward.