Notifications
Clear all

What works to repair skin barrier and improve orange peel skin?

MemberMember
(@jessicabee)

Posted : 01/24/2018 3:39 pm

Hey All,

i went through some differin treatment last year (4 months) and because I noticed more pores opening up I thought it would be a good idea to get a microneedling session. After this, my skin now has these huge pores, little pinholes and almost like scratch marks on my face. It has been 2 months since the needling session. Sometimes I think I see an improvement and then sometimes I think it is getting worse.

i think that the differin stripped my skin barrier and I have been reading a lot about different oils and creams but Im wondering what might be some good brands that dont have any exfoliating properties? And also non Comedogenic because then that will no doubt cause a flare up of pimples.

currently Im using a nianicide cream and zinc sunscreen. I also use a silicon based primer which I know the silicon has potential to irritate skin but it does help to make it look smoother.

Has as anyone done PRP treatment with good results?

Any my advice or tips would be warmly welcomed 🙂

MemberMember
(@suavedory)

Posted : 01/25/2018 9:57 am

One of the best ingredients to build up your skin barrier is Ceramides which can be found in the CeraVe line (try the PM product). ;) 

MemberMember
(@jessicabee)

Posted : 01/25/2018 6:43 pm

Thanks Ill have a look into it 🙂

MemberMember
(@jessicabee)

Posted : 01/27/2018 2:55 am

Has anyone had any good results with PRP for improving the orange peel look?

MemberMember
(@fov1b7lynd)

Posted : 02/04/2018 9:10 am

Fixing skin barrier? The usual advice are vaseline and being super gentle with your skin. There are repair creams like Locobase/Alfason, but I'm pretty sure there's a study showing that there's no difference in result between using ceramide creams vs vaseline.