Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RSXBOI

My derms and Tetracycline. PLease read!!!!!

Ok iv'e been reading almost all the old posts on Tetracycline. It seems that most people on here say that it only works for a short while but then You're body becomes imune to it and it stops working.

Well i asked my derm about why most people on the Acne forums go against it and say it really doesnt work!.

doc: " look dont listen to what people online have to say about Tetracycline It's been Effective to treat acne for over 30 years"

ME: Yea but why do most people say it only works for a little amount of time and then you become Imune to it"

D0c: " thats not true in most cases, Iv'e prescribed this for along time now and it helped Alot of patiants, trust me it's some good shit".

my point is:

What about those millions of people that it does work wonders for that you never hear about????????All i read was people that had little improvement or none?. maybe it's because the people that it helped dont bother with acne forums anymore and never post their story. But for the people that it didnt help come hear and bash it...............................anywayz you guys get what im saying?.

those people never come online on this board, its only people seeking help in a certain field....would you go to a basketball forum if you played ping pong

hi, look ere. tetracycline works for some, doesn't work for others. for me, nothing helped. i was on various antibiotics for years.

but yeh, it works for some. they are rubbish for severe acne, good for mild stuff. The thing about becoming immune is true. heck my gp told me that you often have to switch

Ok iv'e been reading almost all the old posts on Tetracycline. It seems that most people on here say that it only works for a  short while but then You're body becomes imune to it and it stops working.

Well i asked my derm about why most people on the Acne forums go against it and say it really doesnt work!.

doc: " look dont listen to what people online have to say about Tetracycline It's been Effective to treat acne for over 30 years"

ME: Yea but why do most people say it only works for a little amount of time and then you become Imune to it"

D0c: " thats not true in most cases, Iv'e prescribed this for along time now and it helped Alot of patiants, trust me it's some good shit".

my point is:

What about those millions of people that it does work wonders for that you never hear about????????All  i read was people that had little improvement or none?. maybe it's because the people that it helped dont bother with acne forums anymore and never post their story. But for the people that it didnt help come hear and bash it...............................anywayz you guys get what im saying?.

Of course the doctor is going to stick up for his prescription...after all most docs are prescription pushers...my cousin is a doc and refuses to do that.  She invited us to a huge party for one of the  pharmaceutical companys. THey get huge bonuses at the end of the year...if they "sell" enough of one brand.  Sort of like a pharmaceutical rep with a nicer title.  Your doc is probably a good guy, try it for 60 days but then you need to get a probiotic, you can go to www.swanson.com they have a good probiotic for 9.99.  This replenishes the good bacteria in your system to combat the effects of the antibiotic.  This will keep you from being immune in the future!  Oh, you will need two rounds of the probiotic as you will need to be on it for 3 months to get your body back to being anti immune to antibiotics. Hope this helps!!

I don’t think that is entirely accurate about people only talking about the meds that don't work. There are a lot of people who are talking about the things that do work. I am using a few different meds and I love them. They are working great. I tell people that whenever they ask about the meds I am using. I did try Tetracycline and it did nothing. I don’t have horrible acne, but nothing I was doing made it better. From what my derm says and my mom (who is also a doctor) it is not that effective. It is kind of a starting point for most doctors. Your derm doesn’t just wanted to start out with Accutane or something else that is very powerful if they can prescribe you something mild that will work. Yes, some people do have success with it, because if they didn’t then it would not be prescribed. Yes, some doctors do prescribe meds because they are pressured into, but that is not the case with all of them. The hospital that my Mom works at they do not allow drug reps to give gifts or anything to the doctors. Doctors can’t go to parties or events that are thrown or sponsored by drug companies. Just make sure you trust your doc and you think they are doing a good job.