Notifications
Clear all

really deep discolored scar

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 01/22/2018 2:29 pm

hey. i have this awful scar its so unsightly. i cant leave my room without so much makeup. what is the best treatment for this. i have the banish dermarolling kit but im afraid its not going to work. so depressed. skin was finally looking normal

IMG_1358.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/22/2018 6:11 pm

Is this from a treatment or how did it happen. Vascular Laser ( aka v-beam, ipl, excel v) is the treatment choice for PIH. Hyperpigmentation. You can try hydrocortisone for 2 weeks only it's sold OTC. Hydroquinone also works for some people. If it's a fresh wound let it heal. See a Derm for treatment.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 01/22/2018 8:39 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Is this from a treatment or how did it happen. Vascular Laser is the treatment choice for PIH. Hyperpigmentation. You can try hydrocortisone for 2 weeks only it's sold OTC. Hydroquinone also works for some people. If it's a fresh wound let it heal. See a Derm for treatment.

it was a really bad cystic pimple that finally healed but because of the climate my skin cracked and it left a pretty open wound and some skin peeled away because it was just too dry. i kept it moist with a bandaid until it healed over and thats what was left. its closed and not a wound anymore but some of it is uneven (pit) and the scar as a whole is just super dark. does hydrocortisone work for that? i heard that thins the skin and can cause discoloration I'm not sure if it'll help. I have spring break in two months exactly and i need it to be so much better by then ugh.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/22/2018 9:02 pm

Please goto a derm, so your ready for your spring break, ... things can get worse.

I don't know if your in the healing phase or post where you can do glycolic peels to resurface it. Your skin seems sensitive. No hydro.... does not cause discoloration, it's a weaker OTC steroid. Hence next steps would be to try a skin whitening or bleaching cream with albutin or hydroquinone in it. Goto target if it's been a month after and get differin which is a OTC retin a sub. This will also help (at night - use sunscreen days).

You won't get thinning if you only do it for 2 weeks Hydrocort....

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 01/22/2018 11:48 pm

I would recommend looking at vbeam.

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 01/24/2018 9:18 am

@QuanHenry@beautifulambitionthanks guys. I will look into all these options for sure. scheduling a derm appointment. Im still too recent off accutane to have any serious procedures on my face because of the healing so I will see what my best options are for this mess. I appreciate the help

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/19/2018 9:28 pm

i just wanted to update the community. not sure if anyone will look at it, but my scar that is previously pictured has come a LONG way in a short period of time (in terms of scars). i just wanted to give some hope that there CAN be progress in skin and it can and will get better. xoxo

IMG_2624.JPG

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 03/20/2018 5:39 am

I don't think that was a scar, rather post redness from accutane and/or acne. The redness will fade over time, so use plenty of moisturizer. Your face looks really good.