Notifications
Clear all

Are Pumpkin Seeds good for acne?

MemberMember
(@plzdisappearacne)

Posted : 01/21/2018 3:32 pm

I recently had a bad breakout from taking Saw Palmetto and it left ugly red marks on my cheeks. I have been eating a small handful of organic raw pumpkin seeds everyday and my skin looks smoother. Has anyone's skin cleared up from eating pumpkin seeds? Is it good for balancing hormones?

SuaveDory liked
MemberMember
(@suavedory)

Posted : 01/22/2018 2:54 am

YES!!!!! Pumpkin seeds are EXTREMELY rich in zinc and are also rich in OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS which acts as a precursor of prostaglandins (which is a hormone responsible for inflammation and blood flow!!!

Thanks for the reminder it's actually a good snack and alternative for those that do not like taking the mineral Zinc (can cause nausea and cramps) or omega capsules!!! :)

MemberMember
(@plzdisappearacne)

Posted : 01/22/2018 11:22 am

8 hours ago, SuaveDory said:

YES!!!!! Pumpkin seeds are EXTREMELY rich in zinc and are also rich in OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS which acts as a precursor of prostaglandins (which is a hormone responsible for inflammation and blood flow!!!

Thanks for the reminder it's actually a good snack and alternative for those that do not like taking the mineral Zinc (can cause nausea and cramps) or omega capsules!!! :)

Awesome!! I just read that it's anti androgenic which is perfect for me because I have PCOS! I have been consuming more healthy fats and my skin looks a lot better 

SuaveDory liked
MemberMember
(@xoxoem)

Posted : 02/26/2018 6:30 am

Raw pumpkin seeds are also a great anti-parasitic! I have heard a lot of talk about how parasites can lead to acne...

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/30/2018 3:51 pm

Hi,

Where can I buy pumpkin seeds? Like what store? If you have a pic or a link to the product, I would very much appreciate it 🙂

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/30/2018 4:46 pm

@plzdisappearacne

On 1/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, plzdisappearacne said:
On 1/22/2018 at 2:54 AM, SuaveDory said:

Awesome!! I just read that it's anti androgenic which is perfect for me because I have PCOS! I have been consuming more healthy fats and my skin looks a lot better 

What type of healthy fats are you talking about? The reason I ask is because I am trying to change ny diet with stuff that is non-dairy/non-sugar (sugar and dairy break me out) and I am looking for ideas.

thanks