Notifications
Clear all

Worst year of my life

MemberMember
(@braviax)

Posted : 01/20/2018 12:25 pm

I got some acne each summer for 3 years now. Only this year it was insane.... i asked my doctor to prescribe me tetracyline because that had worked the years before, but that did not work this time. I apperantly had low iron and d vitamin aswell. I came back and got a appointment at a dermatologist but i had to wait for 3 months in line. When i got there she prescribed me accutane which helpedafter some months, but it also had severe side effects like joint pain, slow healing and so on. My back looks like a minefield, though my acne is almost gone, i have no idea what to do now,  feels like my life is over....any tips?

20171213_223731.jpg

20171127_195535.jpg

MemberMember
(@b-c)

Posted : 01/20/2018 4:15 pm

A reputable derm for laser treatment I would say...but do your research as certain laser treatments can make your skin worse. I'm very sorry this happened to you.
As far as the natural route, drinking warm/hot water is great for detoxing and regular bowel movements,maybe with some powdered ginger for blood sugar control,first thing in the morning,before eating anything else.

MemberMember
(@braviax)

Posted : 01/21/2018 10:46 am

Do you have any advice on what type of laser?

MemberMember
(@b-c)

Posted : 01/21/2018 1:00 pm

I haven't used lasers myself but I put a search in google(best treatment for deep acne scarring) and came up with derm's recommendations on "www.realself.com" and they seem to have very comprehensive answers(not just about lasers). The treatment for your scars may not involve just one approach.
One thing I've found personally is that probiotics,if you're going the natural route at all,can cause acne. There's a lot of talk about the acne/gut connection but unless you know the composition of your intestinal flora,adding this or that probiotic can make the situation worse. I also don't think they're intended to be used all the time. During or after a course of antibiotics it makes sense to use a probiotic,though.

MemberMember
(@braviax)

Posted : 01/22/2018 4:46 pm

My acne is almost gone. All i want is my skin back, but atm i dont see that happening anytime in the near future, i always used to workout in a singlet and go outside in the summer, but now i feel like i will never be able to do that again. And every doctor i visit after accutane keeps teeling me to wait 6 months+ and then see how it looks to make some plan to do something about my skin condition, but no one is saying that it will look OK, or if it is possible to get it back to the decent skin i had before...... All i want to know is if it is possible to get a decent skin again..... Because atm my will to live is kinda gone tbh

MemberMember
(@b-c)

Posted : 01/23/2018 7:55 pm

A great dermatologist is your best route. If you can, wait the six months,then follow through with a plan. Did you ck out the real self site? There are many options and you need a skin doctor to help you because this is a medical condition. Any kind of physical disfigurement is hard to deal with and so are people and their judgments. If you have one person who truly accepts you,lean on them and then learn to accept yourself. It's tough,I've had various forms of acne forever and I still struggle with self esteem issues. Skin is the largest organ and our medical issues show when stuff goes wrong with it. I hate the response,"it's only acne". It's one of the hardest issues I've faced in my life and I've had plenty to deal with.
You don't know what the future holds for your skin and the progress you might make,so keep going.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 06/01/2018 9:38 am

i HEAVILY doubt that a laser would fix that... It would not even affect that. Your skin won't be back to normal if you are not willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars for filler etc, but i don't think it's worth getting fillers on your back.