Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions for my Scars

MemberMember
(@basilicum)

Posted : 01/20/2018 6:21 am

Hello! 

I'm a 28 year old male and had experienced terrible acne in my teens and 20s. The severity of acne died down but I'm left with unsightly scars. I'm wondering what options I have to improve their appearance. Thanks :) IMG_20171014_132544.jpgIMG_20171014_132513.jpgIMG_20171014_132357.jpgIMG_20171014_132327.jpg

IMG_20171014_132311.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/20/2018 7:13 am

Hi there, you have all scar types. Mainly rolling and box cars with fat deficiency.

I would start with subcision and do filler (you will need 4sessions of this spread around your rf microneedling). Filler is essential in your case, and does require a top up, if you like it down the road you can get something like PMMA or Bellafill but I would not start here as it's not reversible and the body needs to heal during revision (HA is naturally found in the body).

I would also do RF Microneedling, there are many brands including infini, secret, intracel, intensif, etc... (you will need 3 treatments of this).

For your icepicks you will do TCA cross now (several sessions are needed) - this raises the scar bed.

I would then do a Sedated TCA peel with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get under the scars and resurface the skin. You may need more than one , ... another option is erbium ablative resurfacing with a laser, but I would start with peels - less side effects. Goto a doctor who specializes in your skin type for resurfacing.

Because of your skin type you need to prep the skin to avoid hyperpigmentation, use skin bleaching cream, also called whitening, or hydroquinone with tretinorin or retin a 3 weeks before and after you heal.

Please checkout the FAQ - top of the scar solutions sub, first post, and look at subcision, and tca peels. You can have some good improvement, but it will take take. For some that is over 3 years as they have the down time and funds. Also The body needs time to heal so please put some months in between treatment's to rest.

Petsme liked
MemberMember
(@basilicum)

Posted : 01/20/2018 8:50 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Hi there, you have all scar types. Mainly rolling and box cars with fat deficiency.

I would start with subcision using a nokor needle and do filler (you will need 3 sessions of this spread around your rf microneedling).

I would also do RF Microneedling, there are many brands including infini, secret, intracel, intensif, etc... (you will need 3 treatments of this).

For your icepicks you will do TCA cross now (several sessions are needed) - this raises the scar bed.

I would then do a Sedated TCA peel with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get under the scars and resurface the skin. You may need more than one , ... another option is erbium ablative resurfacing with a laser, but I would start with peels - less side effects. Goto a doctor who specializes in your skin type for resurfacing. 

Because of your skin type you need to prep the skin to avoid hyperpigmentation, use skin bleaching cream, also called whitening, or hydroquinone with tretinorin or retin a 3 weeks before and after you heal.

Please checkout the FAQ - top of the scar solutions sub, first post, and look at subcision, and tca peels. You can have some good improvement, but it will take take. For some that is over 3 years as they have the down time and funds. Also The body needs time to heal so please put some months in between treatment's to rest.

Thanks for the suggestions! You're a godsend. Will look around for dermatologists who offer the solutions you've mentioned :)