Notifications
Clear all

Open pores or Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@vermilioncost)

Posted : 01/19/2018 3:29 am

Not sure if they are very large open pores or acne scaring? I also have active acne on these spots. I only have them on both my cheeks. They are very noticeable up close. Any help?

20180118_234258-1.jpg

20180118_234154-1.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/19/2018 6:46 am

You got ice pick and scarred pores,also lots of what looks like pie/hyperpigmentation,your skin is healing.
:)

MemberMember
(@vermilioncost)

Posted : 01/19/2018 4:14 pm

9 hours ago, Quadboy said:

You got ice pick and scarred pores,also lots of what looks like pie/hyperpigmentation,your skin is healing.
:)

Are there any at home remedies for ice pick Scars? And do you think they are light scars or severe ones? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 01/19/2018 4:52 pm

You also appear to have shallow but wide boxcars as well.

None of your scars are severe, they're just widespread. Don't worry though!!

At home I would recommend getting some TCA (ranging from 70-100%) and doing TCA cross. More information on this can be found in beautifulambition's scar treatment forum post.

I would suggest not treating themall at the same time, but treating them in sequences, making sure that you don't treat 2 that are close together so you avoid bridging them

MemberMember
(@vermilioncost)

Posted : 01/19/2018 5:28 pm

36 minutes ago, Petsme said:

You also appear to have shallow but wide boxcars as well.

None of your scars are severe, they're just widespread. Don't worry though!!

At home I would recommend getting some TCA (ranging from 70-100%) and doing TCA cross. More information on this can be found in beautifulambition's scar treatment forum post.

I would suggest not treating themall at the same time, but treating them in sequences, making sure that you don't treat 2 that are close together so you avoid bridging them

Thanks!

Petsme liked
MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 01/20/2018 6:33 pm

Agreed. Ice pick, pick scars, box car, and mild atrophic- rolling scars. The stand out point is that you still have active acne. Treat this first. Then combined TCA at 80-100% with Low density Co2 Fractional at the same time will help. The logic is that you heal from the laser first (as its low density, but higher power) , then the TCA CROSS (heal time of 5 -6 days). Having 2 methods in the one sitting saves time. 2-4 sessions will improve things by a fair margin, providing your acne is under full control.

MemberMember
(@vermilioncost)

Posted : 01/21/2018 1:45 am

7 hours ago, Obi wan said:

Agreed. Ice pick, pick scars, box car, and mild atrophic- rolling scars. The stand out point is that you still have active acne. Treat this first. Then combined TCA at 80-100% with Low density Co2 Fractional at the same time will help. The logic is that you heal from the laser first (as its low density, but higher power) , then the TCA CROSS (heal time of 5 -6 days). Having 2 methods in the one sitting saves time. 2-4 sessions will improve things by a fair margin, providing your acne is under full control.

Thanks!