Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VermilionCost

Open pores or Acne Scars?

Not sure if they are very large open pores or acne scaring? I also have active acne on these spots. I only have them on both my cheeks. They are very noticeable up close. Any help?

20180118_234258-1.jpg

20180118_234154-1.jpg

You got ice pick and scarred pores,also lots of what looks like pie/hyperpigmentation,your skin is healing.
:)

9 hours ago, Quadboy said:

You got ice pick and scarred pores,also lots of what looks like pie/hyperpigmentation,your skin is healing.
:)

Are there any at home remedies for ice pick Scars? And do you think they are light scars or severe ones? Thanks.

You also appear to have shallow but wide boxcars as well. 

None of your scars are severe, they're just widespread. Don't worry though!!

At home I would recommend getting some TCA (ranging from 70-100%) and doing TCA cross. More information on this can be found in beautifulambition's scar treatment forum post. 

I would suggest not treating them all at the same time, but treating them in sequences, making sure that you don't treat 2 that are close together so you avoid bridging them

Edited by Petsme

36 minutes ago, Petsme said:

You also appear to have shallow but wide boxcars as well. 

None of your scars are severe, they're just widespread. Don't worry though!!

At home I would recommend getting some TCA (ranging from 70-100%) and doing TCA cross. More information on this can be found in beautifulambition's scar treatment forum post. 

I would suggest not treating them all at the same time, but treating them in sequences, making sure that you don't treat 2 that are close together so you avoid bridging them

Thanks!

Agreed. Ice pick, pick scars, box car, and mild atrophic- rolling scars. The stand out point is that you still have active acne. Treat this first. Then combined TCA at 80-100% with Low density Co2 Fractional at the same time will help. The logic is that you heal from the laser first (as its low density, but higher power) , then the TCA CROSS (heal time of 5 -6 days). Having 2 methods in the one sitting saves time. 2-4 sessions will improve things by a fair margin, providing your acne is under full control. 

7 hours ago, Obi wan said:

Agreed. Ice pick, pick scars, box car, and mild atrophic- rolling scars. The stand out point is that you still have active acne. Treat this first. Then combined TCA at 80-100% with Low density Co2 Fractional at the same time will help. The logic is that you heal from the laser first (as its low density, but higher power) , then the TCA CROSS (heal time of 5 -6 days). Having 2 methods in the one sitting saves time. 2-4 sessions will improve things by a fair margin, providing your acne is under full control. 

Thanks!