Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
What product are you using now?

What Do you like about it?

What Dont you like about it?

Pick one product and list the name and ingrediants "if you can" on the best product you ever used.

Please dont post somthing like kits, 3 step system or pills. I just want to know, What is the best product you have ever used. Think really hard.

Whats good about it, what isn't good about it?

I would have to choose, Tea Tree Oil (Any strength) for the best product I have ever used. Not only is it natural, but you can get it in higher doses then any benzoyl peroxide. And it can be used for many other things.

Bad part of it is that it takes so long to see results and the smell.

Please put some feedback into this, Im putting together a little somthing that maybe will work for all of us? Thanks biggrin.gif

Come on people tell me somthing that has worked for you, even if it was just a day or two days or 3 days..

Please & Thank You wink.gif

I would have to go with Klaron lotion. I started using klaron lotion (day) and tazorac cream (night) several months ago. I gave up moisturizer, as these products are fairly moisturizing. I also switched to Dove sensitive skin bar at the same time. My skin cleared up from the combination. Now my skin stays perfect (I still have old red marks that are still healing) except PMS week (and then I only get a few (2-3) bumps (just slight unnoticeable-to-everyone-but-me bumps under the skin) on my cheeks near my nose, and those go away the next week). During the time I switched to St. Ives' cream cleanser bc the Dove was still slightly drying. I love the St. Ives cream cleanser...it cleans well and is very gentle. About 2 months or so ago, I ran out of tazorac, and it is no longer covered by my insurance, so I have only been using the klaron lotion (it comes in a much bigger container than tazorac). It has been keeping my skin clear.

My regimen:

St. Ives makeup remover & cleanser - It has the thick consistency of cold cream, but rinses off. It cleans well, and is not watery (unlike most of the gentle cleansers people on these boards use). My skin doesn't feel the slightest bit dry after washing it, nor does it feel oily. It feels like I think skin is supposed to feel..no other cleanser accomplished this. I don't need to use moisturizer with this, which I think is a factor in my skin clearing up. No matter how acne friendly a moisturizer is, it probably still has some contribution to acne (I didn't feel this way until I no longer needed moisturizer and my skin cleared up).

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, isopropyl, myristate, lanolin oil, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, safflower oil, sunflower (helianthus annuus) extract, matricaria (chamomile recutita) extract, primula veris extract, sambucus nigra extract (elderflower), carbomer, citric acid, polysorbate 80, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben ethylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, FD&C yellow #5.

diluted vinegar- I follow with a swipe of diluted vinegar..purpose: to fade redmarks sooner; remove any residue from the cleanser that could possibly be left; to kill any acne causing bacteria that might still be there.

what I don't like: the vinegar vapors rise to my eyes while applying and makes them water and burn slightly. I'm not particularly fond of the smell either.

klaron lotion - topical antibiotic. very gentle. I believe this is the product that has kept my skin clear all these months.

Each mL of Klaron® (sodium sulfacetamide lotion) Lotion, 10% contains 100 mg of sodium sulfacetamide in a vehicle consisting of purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

what i don't like: it dries to a dry consistency, which means it sucks as a makeup base..remedied below with emu oil. This would likely be a positive feature for guys though (the finish is dry, but it is not drying).

emu oil-I don't need a moisturizer w/ this regimen. However, once my skin was clear, and the red marks started to fade, I no longer needed liquid foundation. I switched to powder foundation, which needs a base to stick to. Emu oil works wonderfully for this. It absorbs into the skin the absolute perfect amount - neither being oily or disappearing completely. I mix a 1/2-dime size amount up with about a 1/2-dime size amount of the klaron lotion in my palm, and apply the mixture to my face in the morning. (I follow with powder foundation). I like the consistency much better than jojoba and tamanu.

what I don't like: it has a very slight smell that I don't like. I only notice it bc I apply it around/under my nose. It's faint enough, and I can only smell at all it for a few minutes after applying.

benzaclin gel and avita tretinoin cream 0.25%. i haven't tried any other prescriptions because these worked for me. i like it because it keeps me 100% clear. if you want to see the difference i have pics up in the gallery here.

i need a moisturizer after the benzaclin but the avita cream is already moisturizing, so i tried using just the avita cream alone for a week or so and i started breaking out a little bit so i immediatly switched back to both. i think using both together is very important.

my regimen:

cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to wash, and i use a microdermabrasion cloth (the best thing to remove dead skin hands down) and can be found here.

benzaclin gel in the morning, followed by eucerin skin renewal lotion

avita cream at night and thats it

BenzaClin® is a combination of two acne medications in a single gel: clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5%.

AVITA® Cream, a topical retinoid, contains tretinoin 0.025% by weight in a hydrophilic cream vehicle of stearic acid, polyolprepolymer-2, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene, and purified water.

wow i wish my acne was like yours... wanna trade? and good job on getting clear.. n ur cute eusa_drool.gifwink.gif and wow you do some out standing art work I might add... eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

i use Panoxyl 5% BP gel, Noxzema cleanser(or dove sensitive skin) and baking soda..some times,when i get flakey I swipe with a C&C toner with SA and it''s all gone.. i like the baking soda..it's very gentle and yet exfoliates soooo well!

PS: Misfits..I love anti flag too!!!