Notifications
Clear all

Accutane journey/PICTURES INCLUDED

MemberMember
(@user646001)

Posted : 01/18/2018 2:16 am

Sooooo... I started accutane Jan 11, 2018and I decided that I should share my journey with you all. Ive struggled with acne for 7 years already.. If I were to count all the money Ive ever spent on acne fighting products, Id probably be rich. I've tried just about everything including a vegan diet. Ive finally decided to give accutane a try. Ive always been afraid because of all the side effects but Ive reached the point of just being fed up with acne and allowing it to put my confidence level very low.. my face has gotten even worse than what you see in the pictures but that is currently my face now. I struggle with so much redness and as you can see. I have a lot of acne marks. I also struggle so much with picking at my face that is why I have all those red marks. Ive always said Id rather the scar than the big pimple and now I have to pay the price... trying hard not to mess with it anymore. Also learning to love myself and look passed the acne. Ever since I began to struggle with it, I covered it with makeup. Makeup does an amazing job at hiding the redness which is what Im so self conscious about but Im soooo ready to finally be able to go out in public without having to use an ounce of foundation or powder. Ive only been on accutane for 5 days but Im beyond excited for what itll do to my face. Ive seen such amazing results in other people and Im truly praying that I can see those results in my face. We all know how bad acne sucks and no one really understands our pain unless they have to struggle with it. I have always struggled with it mainly on my cheeks, jaw line, chin, temples, and sometimes forehead. I will be keeping you all posted and giving yall updates on my face. God bless you all and remember that our worth isnt defined by the amount of blemishes on our face. Beauty is much more than whats on the outside.

Scully21 and Lindzzzz liked
MemberMember
(@lindzzzz)

Posted : 01/18/2018 8:47 am

I relate to your story so much! I love your positivity though! I started accutane about a week ago so we are in this together, good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@user646001)

Posted : 01/18/2018 5:11 pm

8 hours ago, Lindzzzz said:

I relate to your story so much! I love your positivity though! I started accutane about a week ago so we are in this together, good luck! :)

I put that I started 5 days ago but last night I actually took my 7th pill. So 1 week to be exact. I wish you the best too. Excited for the both of us! What's your dosage and how many are you taking per day? Also around what time do you take it daily and with or without food? If you don't mind me asking :)

MemberMember
(@lindzzzz)

Posted : 01/18/2018 9:06 pm

3 hours ago, lisfmurillo said:
I put that I started 5 days ago but last night I actually took my 7th pill. So 1 week to be exact. I wish you the best too. Excited for the both of us! What's your dosage and how many are you taking per day? Also around what time do you take it daily and with or without food? If you don't mind me asking :)

My doesage is 40mg a day, and I take it before I go to bed with the rest of my medications, so I take it without food :)

MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 01/19/2018 7:28 am

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 01/19/2018 8:29 am

11 hours ago, Lindzzzz said:
My doesage is 40mg a day, and I take it before I go to bed with the rest of my medications, so I take it without food :)

Please take accutane with food. Trust me. If you trully want results, take it with food. Especially high in fat. Because it absorbs that way.
Taking it without, you risk less results and/or even relapse. Please look for more information on google. I just want all the best for you!

Lindzzzz liked
MemberMember
(@lindzzzz)

Posted : 01/19/2018 3:53 pm

7 hours ago, kvn88 said:
Please take accutane with food. Trust me. If you trully want results, take it with food. Especially high in fat. Because it absorbs that way.
Taking it without, you risk less results and/or even relapse. Please look for more information on google. I just want all the best for you!

I didnt know this! Thanks so much, Ill look into it!!

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 01/19/2018 4:54 pm

1 hour ago, Lindzzzz said:
I didnt know this! Thanks so much, Ill look into it!!

No problem, I love to help because I know what we are dealing with. Take it after your biggest meal.
It makes me kind of mad because some derms do not warn us about that. Mine also didn't. Guess because It's my second round and I should maybe already knew this.
But on the beginning of second course I forgot and took it before sleep on pretty much empty stomach. Then I saw some posts and remembered that I should take it with fatty meal to get best results. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 01/19/2018 6:14 pm

My derm told me to take it after meals, but not specifically fatty ones. I don't eat fatty meals anyway so I take it after lunch. By the way I also started a week ago so that makes us accutane twins? 

MemberMember
(@user646001)

Posted : 01/20/2018 2:14 am

18 hours ago, sanjam95 said:

Good luck!

Thank you:)

17 hours ago, kvn88 said:

Wow thanks! I™ve been taking mine without food right before bed since I started...

8 hours ago, plaguevictim said:

My derm told me to take it after meals, but not specifically fatty ones. I don't eat fatty meals anyway so I take it after lunch. By the way I also started a week ago so that makes us accutane twins? 

Your username is sooo funny! just the fact that you referred to acne as a plague! And yes I guess we are! Lol

MemberMember
(@user646001)

Posted : 01/21/2018 10:51 pm

DAY 11 update: My face is starting to get very very dry. I hate it because it makes my makeup look bad... my lips are also starting to become very dry. I wasencouraged today though by a stranger. I went to publix to by a moisturizer because my face needs it badly and coincidentally, the lady helping me at the register used accutane a couple years back because of acne and so we were talking about it together and she was telling me how her side effects were the worse thing shes ever experienced such as bleeding lips, hands, etc because of the dryness but she said to me finish your treatment! You will not regret! The results are amazing and its so worth it! Her face looked as if she had never struggled with acne before so it was very encouraging. WE GOT THIS!!!!

Lindzzzz liked
MemberMember
(@user646001)

Posted : 01/24/2018 8:51 pm

Day 14:
Heres a close up picture of my face with makeup on... just so you can see how dry its getting. Started peeling a lot around my mouth area and nose. It sucks. Also am trying so hard to not pick at and pop pimples but its sooo hard!! What helps you not want to pop them or pick at them? Would appreciate some advice! And then theres a picture of me with a filter. Cant wait to not have to use make up or filters to hide my acne!!!

Lindzzzz liked