Argan oil for reduc...

Notifications
Clear all

Argan oil for reducing skin's oil production?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 01/17/2018 2:09 pm

I'd like to hear from anyone who used Argan oil and found that it decreased your skin's overall oiliness. My questions are as follows:

1)What Argan oil brand did/do you use?

2)Assuming that you applied it all over your face, did you experience any unwanted side effects for a time--e.g., increased breakouts or increased inflammation of existing breakouts?

3)How often did you apply it--once or twice daily, or did you use it even less frequently?

4)Did you notice any other benefits from applying it, besides decreased oil production?

Thank you,
PI

MemberMember
(@inflabby)

Posted : 01/23/2018 10:59 am

No. U should find oils which are higher in Linoelic Acid content like Rosehip oil,Safflower oil or even better Hemp seed oil.Hemp seed oil is the one for u as it has a comedogenic rating of 0 and has many healing properties for acne. GREAT FOR OILY ACNE PRONE SKIN. . Dont apply the oil alone as it may not be hydrating enough. Mix the 2 or 3 drops of oil into 2 pumps of your moisturiser or apply 2 or 3 drops of the oil directly on your face after the Moisturiser step.

MemberMember
(@portia1605)

Posted : 01/25/2018 9:16 pm

Hey! I have super oil skin, and I have found that Jojoba oil does a really great job at helping. I pat a little bit into my skin (my whole face, or just my tzone) and I don't get shiny during the day, whereas normally I have to blot multiple times and still end up a shiny mess. It would keep your skin completely matte, as the oil itself is obviously present on your skin, but it has been great for me. Maybe try it out?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 01/29/2018 12:20 pm

On 1/23/2018 at 9:59 AM, inflabby said:

No. U should find oils which are higher in Linoelic Acid content like Rosehip oil,Safflower oil or even better Hemp seed oil.Hemp seed oil is the one for u as it has a comedogenic rating of 0 and has many healing properties for acne. GREAT FOR OILY ACNE PRONE SKIN. . Dont apply the oil alone as it may not be hydrating enough. Mix the 2 or 3 drops of oil into 2 pumps of your moisturiser or apply 2 or 3 drops of the oil directly on your face after the Moisturiser step.

I really appreciate the reply, since so few people bother to respond these days. *sigh*

I've noticed that Hemp seed oil also is high on people's list for oil to use on acne-prone skin. What gets me, though, is that some people find that they break out even from oil with a zero comedogenic rating; my fear of such a reaction has kept me from trying any oil on my face. (I have inflamed cystic acne, so my fear is warranted, IMO.)

My other problem is that I've not found a moisturizer that can't manage to break me out. Currently, I use DML Moisturizing Lotion, which I was introduced to years ago by my then-dermatologist. It's one of the least pore-clogging ones out there--but, still, it contains Dimethicone, which remains suspect.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, portia1605 said:

Hey! I have super oil skin, and I have found that Jojoba oil does a really great job at helping. I pat a little bit into my skin (my whole face, or just my tzone) and I don't get shiny during the day, whereas normally I have to blot multiple times and still end up a shiny mess. It would keep your skin completely matte, as the oil itself is obviously present on your skin, but it has been great for me. Maybe try it out?

I've read enough negative reviews of Jojoba oil causing breakouts that I just can't risk it. Inflamed cystic acne is nothing to play around with, so anything with a comedogenic rating above zero is not on my radar; that all said, I'm glad that it does help some people. If not for having cystic woes, I'd have given Jojoba a try long before now. :)

MemberMember
(@kixhikari)

Posted : 03/28/2018 7:29 am

1)A french brand (I'm living here so.) high quality pure and unrefined is the most important

2)Assuming that you applied it all over your face, did you experience any unwanted side effects for a time--e.g., increased breakouts or increased inflammation of existing breakouts?
No. It decreased breaks out and inflammation.

3)How often did you apply it--once or twice daily, or did you use it even less frequently?
usually nce a day, at night, 3 drops mixed with others oils in my night moiturizer cream

4)Did you notice any other benefits from applying it, besides decreased oil production?
Less inflammation, less redness, skin feels more confortable, increase healing