Notifications
Clear all

Argan oil for bona-fide scars?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 01/17/2018 1:58 pm

I'd like to know if anyone has found Argan oil--or even another non-comedogenic carrier oil--to lessen the appearance of scars? (Scarsrefers to damaged skin--e.g., rolling scars, boxcar scars, etc.--nothyperpigmentation, which isnotscarring.)

Thank you,
PI

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/17/2018 2:20 pm

7 minutes ago, PrettyInside said:

I'd like to know if anyone has found Argan oil--or even another non-comedogenic carrier oil--to lessen the appearance of scars? (Scarsrefers to damaged skin--e.g., rolling scars, boxcar scars, etc.--nothyperpigmentation, which isnotscarring.)

Thank you,
PI

When it comes to the scar, its the scar tissue that resides underneath the skin that gives its dsifiguring appearance. Oils will only give you a glowing skin, eg. the top layer of the skin--unless they are able to penetrate deep below the skin.

Try DMSO + CASTOR OIL combo. Once the castor oil is fully absorbed, the skin will feel tight (very similar to the aftermath of dermarolling but without the redness and swelling).

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 01/17/2018 11:00 pm

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
When it comes to the scar, its the scar tissue that resides underneath the skin that gives its dsifiguring appearance. Oils will only give you a glowing skin, eg. the top layer of the skin--unless they are able to penetrate deep below the skin. 

Try DMSO + CASTOR OIL combo. Once the castor oil is fully absorbed, the skin will feel tight (very similar to the aftermath of dermarolling but without the redness and swelling).

I'm reluctant to try any oils at this time but have read so much positive--and very little negative--about Argan oil, that I'm thinking of trying it for faster healing of cystic acne and PIH. If it were to soften the appearance of my scars, all the better--but that wouldn't be my primary reason for using it. 

Thank you, though, for suggesting DMSO and castor oil; that is another potential "fix" for me to look into. :)

PI