Notifications
Clear all

Mild acne scarring help

MemberMember
(@486335_1443953399)

Posted : 01/17/2018 5:52 am

Hi! Ive finally found a regimen thats been working to clear my acne (mostly clogged pores) some inflamed acne here and then along with my really bad skin picking habit led to some acne scarring. Its definetly not bad I know its mild but with makeup its quite noticeabl and it does make me self conscious. Ive read about the TCA peel as well as microneedling however I know it can be very expensive and as a college student I dont have the funds to try several treatments. If anyone has any advice/tips on how to treat this scarring and also which type it is? Since its mild Im hoping I can treat it at home. I havent visited any dermatologist but if anyone does know of a good place in the Bay Area ( in California) I would appreciate it also. Thank you for any suggestions!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2018 8:08 am

Yes mainly big & scarred pores, some ice picks.

You could take care of this with a sedated Peel (Rullan is in SD and does this, quick flight away). Unfortunately I do not know a lot of good places for peels in the Bay Area that are not expensive and no one exceptional for scars. Dr. Ting is expensive in San Ramon, Dr Ransom in SF is a expensive plastic surgeon.

As you are a student you can a) save up money some every month and go get treated, b.) care credit or a credit card to be treated, c) read the faq - top of the scar solutions sub first post, goto the tca section, click the link and read the whole first page. You can do this at home with enough study. You will do a test spot in a small area one icepick of tca cross at a low percentage to test is first, also testing for spot peels by the ear. This is all in the instructions. The only reason I mention this is the cost factor / student...

A doctor could also do a fully ablative erbium peel if they go deep enough under those scars, but peels have less side effects, cost, and I suggest trying them first.

You seem to have some skin pigment, please for 3 weeks before use skin bleaching cream and retin a or tretinorin (differin is OTC at target) to get your skin read for treatment, you will also do it once you heal again to avoid pigmentation issues.

Dr. Rullan specializes in all skin types, especially ethnic he can do a single sedated peel for this if your scared of DIY.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@486335_1443953399)

Posted : 01/17/2018 8:19 pm

12 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Yes mainly big & scarred pores, some ice picks. 

You could take care of this with a sedated Peel (Rullan is in SD and does this, quick flight away). Unfortunately I do not know a lot of good places for peels in the Bay Area that are not expensive and no one exceptional for scars. Dr. Ting is expensive in San Ramon, Dr Ransom in SF is a expensive plastic surgeon. 

As you are a student you can a) save up money some every month and go get treated, b.) care credit or a credit card to be treated, c) read the faq - top of the scar solutions sub  first post, goto the tca section, click the link and read the whole first page. You can do this at home with enough study. You will do a test spot in a small area one icepick of tca cross at a low percentage to test is first,  also testing for spot peels by the ear. This is all in the instructions. The only reason I mention this is the cost factor / student...

A doctor could also do a fully ablative erbium peel if they go deep enough under those scars, but peels have less side effects, cost, and I suggest trying them first.

You seem to have some skin pigment, please for 3 weeks before use skin bleaching cream and retin a or tretinorin (differin is OTC at target) to get your skin read for treatment, you will also do it once you heal again to avoid pigmentation issues.   

Dr. Rullan specializes in all skin types, especially ethnic he can do a single sedated peel for this if your scared of DIY.

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply! I really appreciated it :) I think k I™ll save up some money and make the trip to SD and see Dr. Rullan. Since my scarring and pores are that bad I don™t want to risk making it worse at home. I will post any progress/updates soon

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 01/18/2018 2:51 am

2 sessions TCA CROSS - 80-90% - wait 8 weeks, fully ablative erbium down to 400 microns. 3 sessions, done correctly, 95% of scars done for life. All the best.( PIH maybe improved with Pico 3 weeks after erbium for added benefit. 0.71 3000 shots 6 mm spot - Picosure)

MemberMember
(@dragonn)

Posted : 01/18/2018 5:53 pm

15 hours ago, Obi wan said:

2 sessions TCA CROSS - 80-90% - wait 8 weeks, fully ablative erbium down to 400 microns. 3 sessions, done correctly, 95% of scars done for life. All the best.( PIH maybe improved with Pico 3 weeks after erbium for added benefit. 0.71 3000 shots 6 mm spot - Picosure)

Are you saying 3 sessions of the erbium or with the TCA cross its 3 sessions altogether?