Notifications
Clear all

What is my condition and my options?

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/16/2018 9:54 am

Currently I am suffering with the condition shown below. I am aware that it is some form of scarring. Ironically my derm put me on accutane for it and told me that it would treat it. Over my course I have noticed that it is not inflammed/angry as it was before. I am interested in further treatment options. The condition is not as severe as alot of others but it bothers me,because I hardly ever had acne through my childhood and suddenly it hit me deep into my 19th year. I am currently 20 years old. Any comments and advice would be great.

15161132362011280618265.jpg

1516113937521-560745737.jpg

1516113971656-478477500.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/16/2018 10:03 am

I don't see any scarring, ... just PIE or wounding post accutane from the acne. This can take about a year to go away. V-beam or vascular laser is a good treatment and IPL (the reds it works on).

You could do well with a few Glycolic peels, your skin is in great condition, ... this would help with the texture and tone. You cannot peel until 6 months after Accutane. Please see the first post called FAQ under scar solutions. Goto the tca section, click the link and read about acid peels on the first page.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/16/2018 10:10 am

Why in the world are you taking accutane to get rid of scars?

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/16/2018 10:37 am

I'm just doing what my derm advised. He swears up and down that it would improve my skin lol.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 01/16/2018 12:12 pm

change your dermatologist, you on accutane for that? hope it's a joke

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/16/2018 12:56 pm

That's what the bio says doesn't it guy?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/16/2018 1:18 pm

@Grizzmoe99 If you have scarring it's tough to tell in that lighting. Looks like you just have some very minor PIE which should go away on it's own (mine always does). You're skin looks near perfect so I wouldn't worry too much. Honestly I bet your doc just broadly gave you the accutane and figured once the acne ran it's course you would look better and never think about it again. You probably hit a state of panic and figured since it's red there might be scarring of some sort and you may have a permanent issue. That brought you here and now you're seeing accutane, scarring, peels, etc.. Unless you have major indents I wouldn't worry AT ALL. Your skin is practically perfect and most issues you see will go away on their own. If you have any textural issues you can always do some peels of some sort. If you see any indents I would come back. As for the rest there is no need to worry as your skin very good. Just my two cents.

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/16/2018 1:42 pm

Thanks I appreciate that. I went to the doc after all of my acne was deceased. Which led to alot of confusion in my mind. I'm wondering if dermabrasion would be a good choice. I am still uncertain because everything looks better in a photo than in real life, not to mention my face.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 01/16/2018 8:45 pm

I think dermabrasion would be quite harsh. It's quite an invasive procedure that basically removes layers of your skin. Probably good for someone with deeper scars, but you might be better served with TCA peels.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 01/18/2018 2:32 am

Oh.my.god... accutane is literally what CAUSED all my scarring. I had poor skin texture before i went on it and maybe a couple minor scars... AND i went on it when i had no breakouts to AVOID scarring.. it caused all my red marks to sink in and tether. Not only that it permanently changed the way my skin heals. Almost any time i do have a mild breakout i scar. Its as if my body lost the ability to produce collagen or something. I would change doctors ASAP. Just my two cents on accutane and scarring lol

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/18/2018 8:15 am

I'm honestly thinking about stopping it. I am not exactly sure if it is PIE or scarring that I have. I will soon get some kind of treatment.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/18/2018 8:33 am

You have PIE, ... post accutane acne wounding. This is not scarring. Again please look at the FAQ - top of the scar solutions sub, top post, goto skin, and PIE, ... lots of treatments there. Vascular laser being the most effective ... but this will go away naturally in many months.

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/18/2018 9:45 am

I don't doubt you at all but I've noticed that theirs a couple of depressed areas on my skin,which leads me to believe different but for the most part. I think it's just what you have mentioned PIE.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/18/2018 11:22 am

The left hand side of face in pics in 2 spots?
:)

MemberMember
(@grizzmoe99)

Posted : 01/18/2018 11:31 am

Scars?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 01/19/2018 2:52 am

Dermabrasion would be a disaster waiting to happen. That is reserved for actual scarring, not PIE / redness.