Notifications
Clear all

Pregnant wife and acne

MemberMember
(@nkalsad)

Posted : 01/15/2018 1:25 am

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. My wife is due for March and she is currently having acne. According this blog[link removed], I believe what she has is a moderate acne. She has been on oral pills prescribed by a dermatologist for the last 5 days and the acne has just increased. We have our next appointment tomorrow. Does oral pills work in case of acne?
If we do silk-peel, will it have any effect on our baby?

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 01/15/2018 10:18 am

8 hours ago, nkalsad said:

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. My wife is due for March and she is currently having acne. According this blog[link removed], I believe what she has is a moderate acne. She has been on oral pills prescribed by a dermatologist for the last 5 days and the acne has just increased. We have our next appointment tomorrow. Does oral pills work in case of acne?
If we do silk-peel, will it have any effect on our baby?

Anything your wife ingests of puts on her skin will effect the baby to some degree.
Sometimes the damage is lethal - just look up accutane or thalidomide + pregnancy.

Do not trust dermatologist they dish out the most dangerous drugs in the world.

Eat healthy, that will help mum and baby.

Is it really so bad having acne for a while if you get a lovely healthy baby at the end of term?

Very good luck to you and your family.

MemberMember
(@nkalsad)

Posted : 01/17/2018 1:36 am

On 1/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, hatetane said:

Anything your wife ingests of puts on her skin will effect the baby to some degree.
Sometimes the damage is lethal - just look up accutane or thalidomide + pregnancy.

Is it really so bad having acne for a while if you get a lovely healthy baby at the end of term?

My wife is on a healthy diet now. I don't know if my dermatologist is guiding us the right way.I had mentioned the clinic above. There is a note sayingNo blog links. I guess that's why it was removed. It's a dermatology clinic calledThe Centre for Dermatology in Richmond Hill. This is their website [Removed link]. For now, the doctor has askedto continue with the pills. We have said no for the peel treatment as it is not safe. We just want out baby to be fine. I just hope my wife does not have any complication during delivery.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 01/17/2018 11:30 am

On 1/17/2018 at 1:36 AM, nkalsad said:
On 1/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, hatetane said:

My wife is on a healthy diet now. I don't know if my dermatologist is guiding us the right way.I had mentioned the clinic above. There is a note sayingNo blog links. I guess that's why it was removed. It's a dermatology clinic calledThe Centre for Dermatology in Richmond Hill. This is their website [Removed link]. For now, the doctor has askedto continue with the pills. We have said no for the peel treatment as it is not safe. We just want out baby to be fine. I just hope my wife does not have any complication during delivery.

Off course you are concerned and you should be. I can only tell you again that no topicals or medicines are 100% safe when you are pregnant.
They should only be used when completely necessary and this does not include for acne!
Do you remember thalidomide back in the 60's - well that drug and others like it still exist and accutane for instance is one of those drugs.
I don't think it in necessarily the birth you need to worry about - it is long term health for both your wife and your baby.

I am not saying you are at risk but just that it makes sense to go natural - especially at this time.