Notifications
Clear all

Should I take Accutane with anti-depressants?

MemberMember
(@keloid)

Posted : 01/14/2018 2:30 pm

I have been experiencing a lot of work-related stress as of late and it's getting overwhelming. Now I'm in no intention of committing any suicide but at times I do lose control of my feelings.Now I got prescribed by 2nd period of Accutane treatment last month. While I did purchase it (20mg/day), I did not consume anything yet. However, my Acne is getting severely worse and it's in parts where I could not apply cream on it.

My psychiatrist prescribed me Escitalopram 20 mg just recently when I was having a discussion about my work-related stress. I forgot to ask whether I should take antidepressants with Accutane or not. So should I take Accutane with anti-depressants? Would it hurt my acne or my stress levels? I hear that Accutane can cause depression to worsen.

Thank-you in advance.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 01/14/2018 5:03 pm

No, don't mix drugs.

Accutane and SSRI's can cause sexual dysfunction. Google and youtube it. I would say keep away from both of them.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/15/2018 12:04 am

You should not be asking a medication dosageand drug interaction question on an internet forum. We are not qualified medical practitioners. You should ask your prescribing doctor. Can you ring or email your dermatologist? SSRI's most certainly did cause sexual dysfunction for me(I was on antidepressants several years ago), but that ceased once I stopped taking the antidepressant.