Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve321

People who are prone to scar after any breakout

have you found any success in preventing new scars? I have a horid breakout on my temples right now, and want to stop any scars from forming.. The problem is, it seems as though any type of breakout in my temples leaves a scar... Have you found anything that helps in preventing scars? I am currently just using a tea Tree oil bar to wash my face which is suppose to help..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have found this to be my daughter's problem. Even though she only had a bad breakout for two months, she has some pretty bad scars. Mostly ice pick and rolling scars. She is using Benzaclin now, and she has started taking Yasmin. For 5 months she has been pretty clear. But occasionally she will get a zit or two, and everything leaves a scar!!

hey there.. the same thing happens to me- until i started keeping the area moisturized. i used to scar horribly when i would use BP or other thing (tea tree oil is pretty harsh). recently i got a horrible breakout of about 20 nasty cysts, ones that would usually scar me horribly. i switched my normally drying bp cleanser, to a bp cleanser called zoderm, which has moisturizer built in, an actually leaves my skin super soft after washing. after washing with this, i glob on neosporin (the clear kind) i litterally keep neosporin on the breakout 24 hours a day, i even go in public with the stuff on :-P the break out is finally subsiding, an all im left with is hyperpigmentation, an possibly a few very shallow scars. normally a breakout of this magnitude would scar me horribly, but ive barely got any scarring from it. the key is keeping it moist!!! do not try an dry it out!! that will scar.. hope that helps

hey there.. the same thing happens to me- until i started keeping the area moisturized. i used to scar horribly when i would use BP or other thing (tea tree oil is pretty harsh). recently i got a horrible breakout of about 20 nasty cysts, ones that would usually scar me horribly. i switched my normally drying bp cleanser, to a bp cleanser called zoderm, which has moisturizer built in, an actually leaves my skin super soft after washing. after washing with this, i glob on neosporin (the clear kind) i litterally keep neosporin on the breakout 24 hours a day, i even go in public with the stuff on :-P the break out is finally subsiding, an all im left with is hyperpigmentation, an possibly a few very shallow scars. normally a breakout of this magnitude would scar me horribly, but ive barely got any scarring from it. the key is keeping it moist!!! do not try an dry it out!! that will scar.. hope that helps

Hey man

I am the exact same way. It's ridiculous. I just got done with Accutane so I'm not breaking out anymore right now, but I got on Accutane for this very reason: any --and I mean any zit I get in my temple area will leave some sort of scar.

Ridiculous. I had mild acne, no cysts, just the occasional inflammatory breakout, but once one popped up on my temple, the thing would linger for weeks and leave a scar.

The only thing I can suggest for emergency relief not requiring a visit to the dermatologist, is one of those "on-the- spot" pads (I think Purpose makes them). I remember this one time I had two zits going, one on each temple, and I put the on-the-spot pad on one side and the scar from that side was much smaller than the other untreated side.

BTW, Tea Tree oil? That's where you're at?

Man, if you're scarring as easily as you say you are, have you tried Accutane? If you go to a dermatologist they can put that nitro glycerin shit on it and that will stop a breakout in its tracks.

PAUL

have you found any success in preventing new scars? I have a horid breakout on my temples right now, and want to stop any scars from forming.. The problem is, it seems as though any type of breakout in my temples leaves a scar... Have you found anything that helps in preventing scars? I am currently just using a tea Tree oil bar to wash my face which is suppose to help..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I try to prevent myself from getting acne. If I breakout, I apply either Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid. Whatever you do, don't mess with the acne.

Steve321 -

Every time I try to keep the scab from the breakout moist..

the moisture makes them all gushy and they fall (peel) off ..or wash off faster...

No matter how careful I am.

How do you keep it moist and keep the scab on at the same time?

What do you use for the moisture?

Thanks smile.gif

Hello nodoubt, I heard about rose water as a moisturizer from my friend who went to an all day spa. I picked up a bottle at the health food store called Oshadhi Floral Water Bulgarian Rose. It is $20.00 a bottle, however some other brands are available at a lower cost. My son started using it and he stopped breaking out and it kept his skin moist. However, all the damage had been done by then and he is left horribly scarred. We are going to be needleing in January when we find a tattoo artist in our area. We are in the Stockton Ca area. If you have heard of someone in my area please, let me know. Thanks Linny

I have found this to be my daughter's problem.  Even though she only had a bad breakout for two months, she has some pretty bad scars.  Mostly ice pick and rolling scars.  She is using Benzaclin now, and she has started taking Yasmin.  For 5 months she has been pretty clear.  But occasionally she will get a zit or two, and everything leaves a scar!!

Steve321 -

Every time I try to keep the scab from the breakout moist..

the moisture makes them all gushy and they fall (peel) off ..or wash off faster...

No matter how careful I am.

How do you keep it moist and keep the scab on at the same time?

What do you use for the moisture?

Thanks smile.gif