Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daisy03

picked pimple now wont heal

okay so about 4 days ago i noticed an old pimple started to come up. i saw where it sorta had a head and i went crazy on it. i tried to squeeze everything out of it and it ended up EXTREMELY RED and irritated. after reading things about picking pimples i saw where you could use apple cider vinegar so i’ve been using that along side with aloe and vaseline. it isn’t red anymore but it turned white in the middle and sorta scabbed on the edges but it looks awful. it’s down to about the 2nd layer of skin in one spot and turned white. there was a scab that formed but i accidentally picked it off while washing my face yesterday night. it doesn’t seem like it’s going to heal anytime soon. please someone give me some advice on what i should do. i have neosporin on it now and i stopped using the aloe because it wasn’t 100% aloe plant or anywhere close to that so i didn’t think it would work. i have about a week then i have to go back to school. can someone let me know how to heal it before then??? SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY SOON

UPDATE: so i put neosporin on the spot and it is now sort of a scab but not fully and it’s not red at all. but is it normal for a scab to be white?? is it going to turn a different color or is it going to stay white?? should i be worried?? respond soon please. and btw this is all in the same night   

okay so it’s the next morning and i’m starting to wonder if this spot is even going to scab over. does it have to scab over to heal or could the white part be sort of the scab?? someone please let me know

Edited by daisy03
typo

I use hydrocolloid bandages. or blister bandages whatever you can find. they keep the area moist so you don't have to keep a giant blob of neosporin on your face or a giant bandaid. I get the CVS advanced healing bandaids and cut them to size so its just a little dot to fit a little bit larger than the area so it sticks to the skin around the scab. if you have a week to wait around, slap one on and leave it for a few DAYS. thats the key. rub a tiny bit of neosporin on just the scab, not skin around or the hydrocolloid won't stick, and then put it on! if you leave it 3 or 4 days straight usually for me it will just be a flat healed discoloration that i can cover with concealer. plus it keeps my hands off it. they're water proof so you can still wash your face and everything, they're meant to stay on for a little bit and they really do help!!

1 hour ago, GracieP said:

I use hydrocolloid bandages. or blister bandages whatever you can find. they keep the area moist so you don't have to keep a giant blob of neosporin on your face or a giant bandaid. I get the CVS advanced healing bandaids and cut them to size so its just a little dot to fit a little bit larger than the area so it sticks to the skin around the scab. if you have a week to wait around, slap one on and leave it for a few DAYS. thats the key. rub a tiny bit of neosporin on just the scab, not skin around or the hydrocolloid won't stick, and then put it on! if you leave it 3 or 4 days straight usually for me it will just be a flat healed discoloration that i can cover with concealer. plus it keeps my hands off it. they're water proof so you can still wash your face and everything, they're meant to stay on for a little bit and they really do help!!

thank you so much for your response!! unfortunately i can’t get out right now very snowy where i live but it’s the next morning and the spot still hasn’t really scabbed over. should i be worried?? and about how long do you think it would take to scab over and fall off?? please reply soon. also it is a little pink but still sorta textured and not scabbed in the middle just around the edges. not as white in the middle but still about the same.  Edited by daisy03
typo

Edited by daisy03

7 hours ago, daisy03 said:
thank you so much for your response!! unfortunately i can’t get out right now very snowy where i live but it’s the next morning and the spot still hasn’t really scabbed over. should i be worried?? and about how long do you think it would take to scab over and fall off?? please reply soon. also it is a little pink but still sorta textured and not scabbed in the middle just around the edges. not as white in the middle but still about the same. 
i live somewhere very snowy too, completely understand. plus I'm always too embarrassed to go out and get anything. I'm going through the same thing now (I'm about to make a topic). I didnt pick at the pimple but the skin became so dry and dead on top that it literally sloughed away and i have a HUGE raw patch. I'm so upset. hoping it stops "leaking" by saturday when I have a flight back to school. anyways, if you don't have access to that, your best bet is a regular bandaid with neosporin/aquaphor/vaseline. and stay persistent. you can't take the bandaid off and keep putting it on and doing things to it, you need to keep it on for days straight just reapplying ointment. keep rubbing in neosporin a few times a day. i usually will just GLOB it on there in the morning, again around noon, and at night before bed. if you don't have bandaids just put the ointment on although my fingers tend to keep touching the area if i don't have a bandaid on but if you don't have  any normal bandaids thats better than nothing. and never let it dry out. never. it should be healed and ready to shed a layer to reveal pink skin in 4 or 5 days if you do that. wounds are proven to heal faster moist (thats why hydrocolloids for the future are a 50% faster healing rate) so you gotta keep it moist. the fact that it hasn't scabbed is actually good because it will leave you with less chance of a scar. :)

i live somewhere very snowy too, completely understand. plus I'm always too embarrassed to go out and get anything. I'm going through the same thing now (I'm about to make a topic). I didnt pick at the pimple but the skin became so dry and dead on top that it literally sloughed away and i have a HUGE raw patch. I'm so upset. hoping it stops "leaking" by saturday when I have a flight back to school. anyways, if you don't have access to that, your best bet is a regular bandaid with neosporin/aquaphor/vaseline. and stay persistent. you can't take the bandaid off and keep putting it on and doing things to it, you need to keep it on for days straight just reapplying ointment. keep rubbing in neosporin a few times a day. i usually will just GLOB it on there in the morning, again around noon, and at night before bed. if you don't have bandaids just put the ointment on although my fingers tend to keep touching the area if i don't have a bandaid on but if you don't have  any normal bandaids thats better than nothing. and never let it dry out. never. it should be healed and ready to shed a layer to reveal pink skin in 4 or 5 days if you do that. wounds are proven to heal faster moist (thats why hydrocolloids for the future are a 50% faster healing rate) so you gotta keep it moist. the fact that it hasn't scabbed is actually good because it will leave you with less chance of a scar. :)
thank you for your response!! it has actually gotten 1000% better!!! i’ve kept neosporin on it and now it’s almost back to normal. i’m almost positive it’s not going to scab over in the middle but that’s fine because it seems to be healed. the spot has almost flattened out completely hoping in the morning it will be as good as new other than a little pink spot. i hope your spot gets better too!! my advice is to keep neosporin on it at all times and my neosporin is actually the dollar general brand but works just as good if not better than the name brand. and also i’ve left mine without anything on it (no bandage just the neosporin) to let it air out a little and that seemed to work best for me. and do you have advice very dry skin?? my skin is so dry it is flaking off (because of the cold weather i suppose) and i don’t know what to do with it. i’ve put moisturizers on it and that seems to work for about an hour than it starts to get flakey again. just let me know if you have any ways to get rid of the flakey skin. hope your spot gets better!! 

UPDATE: my spot looks sooooooo much better!! it’s now a very small pinkish spot that i can cover with a little green concealer and my regular concealer!! if anyone else gets a spot like mine just KEEP NEOSPORIN ON IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! it changed my spot overnight and made it look so much better!! and gracie i hope your spot is looking better now!! 

////daisy