Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HC9

What to ask the derm for?

I am going to the derm tomorrow and plan on asking for Accutane (I am 22, female) first what is the criteria if any to get it? If the derm will not give me this does anyone know of a reallly effetive alternative treatment? by the way I've tried doxycycline, renove, retin-a micro and benzaclin. Thanks for your responses smile.gif

Im on accutane right now and I wish I had known about this years ago so I suggest you get on accutane so that you dont scar and the tane will get rid of your acne...if accutane doesnt work nothing will let me put it that way. GL and keep us informed smile.gif

Hey,

I just went to my FIRST derm last saturday and he gave me 3 options. Topicals, Antibiotics, or Accutane. I asked him for Accutane and he said it was fine for to go on it even though I'm clear. But the reason he prescribed me Accutane is because I have an oil problem and I occasionally breakout and it always leaves a red mark. I have alot of red marks so he was concerned. Well I asked for Accutane because of potential red marks, social problems, low self-esteem, and oil. I told my derm that and he said he would respect my choice. SO I would tell your derm the same thing if you have similar problems as me.

Good Luck

~JiN