Notifications
Clear all

Help

MemberMember
(@starbucks07)

Posted : 01/08/2018 3:54 am

Hi Ive been on the regiment for almost 3 weeks now and I dont know why my face is sooo dry it doesnt matter how much I moisturize my face is dry, flaky, and it hurts so much its so bad that it almost looks as if I had exzema .... and plus the first week my face was clear now Im breaking out on places I didnt even had acne
Im so confused and about to quit

MemberMember
(@mandykins24)

Posted : 01/08/2018 8:09 pm

Hey Starbucks07, I am currently 6 weeks into the regimen and I've had a similar experience with very dry and flakey skin, but not to the severity you've mentioned. May I ask how much benzoyl peroxide you're using at the moment? I would suggest reducing the amount of BP and/or perhaps cut down to applying the treatment only in the evenings until your skin becomes accustomed to it. Are you also incorporating the jojoba oil with your moisturising routine? The part you mention about breaking out in areas you don't normally get acne seems to be a common occurrence during the beginning stages of the regimen. I hope things begin to improve for you.

MemberMember
(@starbucks07)

Posted : 01/09/2018 5:02 pm

Mandykings24 Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply
it looks like I was applying too much
so Ive cut it down the amount of BP so pretty much starting over because I know it was my fault for applying too much too soon
plus I also now I only do the regimentto once a day and eventually I will be doing it 2 times a day
doing it once a dayhas helped me so much
my face doesnt hurt any more is still dry ( but not that dry though) and flaky however thats part of the process and at least it doesnt hurt
and i know they recommend jojoba but Ive switched oils to avocado oil and that really helps my face stay moisturized better than the jojoba

MemberMember
(@mandykins24)

Posted : 01/09/2018 5:49 pm

Oh that is great! So glad you have managed to find a solution. Don't beat yourself up about it, we are all guilty of rushing into things when we know its probably wise not to in hope for faster results (been there done that haha). You are on the right track! Give it time and you will soon see your efforts paying off. Have a nice day (:

MemberMember
(@ninjection)

Posted : 01/26/2018 9:30 pm

On 1/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, Starbucks07 said:

Mandykings24 Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply
it looks like I was applying too much
so Ive cut it down the amount of BP so pretty much starting over because I know it was my fault for applying too much too soon
plus I also now I only do the regimentto once a day and eventually I will be doing it 2 times a day
doing it once a dayhas helped me so much
my face doesnt hurt any more is still dry ( but not that dry though) and flaky however thats part of the process and at least it doesnt hurt
and i know they recommend jojoba but Ive switched oils to avocado oil and that really helps my face stay moisturized better than the jojoba

Hey there:) another reason for having dry flaky skin which i have gotten many times in the past is taking hot showers. don't take hot showers- only lukewarm!! and ya benzoyl peroxide is only a temporary solution. i used to use that but i don't think it's a good idea. in fact using little or no products- just water is better. those products just take your money and are too harsh for your face. they don't work