Notifications
Clear all

If I apply moisturizer after Clindamycin/Benzoyl peroxide cream, will it move around the medication and ruin the benefits?

MemberMember
(@kyramcbridemua)

Posted : 01/07/2018 4:16 am

I was recently prescribed Clindamycin/Benzoyl peroxide cream to use once in the morning and once at night with my regular skin care routine. If I apply moisturizer first, and then the C/BP cream, it doesnt pill or roll up. But everywhere Ive read says to apply the prescription cream first.
So, when I do prescription cream first (followed by moisturizer), I get these weird tiny dots that feel like sand. It doesnt matter which moisturizer I try it with.
I think Im going to go to Walmart and get a Cerave face moisturizer. I cant use that prescription lotion without a moisturizer. I have combination skin and when I wear this prescription lotion, it feels so dry and tight - but I HATE the feel of those tiny little sand grains on my face!
Any advice is so appreciated. Thank you.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/07/2018 6:53 am

I would have thought apply bp,then wait 15min or so fir it to absorb into skin then apply moisturiser.
:)

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/07/2018 2:09 pm

9 hours ago, kyramcbridemua said:

I was recently prescribed Clindamycin/Benzoyl peroxide cream to use once in the morning and once at night with my regular skin care routine. If I apply moisturizer first, and then the C/BP cream, it doesnt pill or roll up. But everywhere Ive read says to apply the prescription cream first.
So, when I do prescription cream first (followed by moisturizer), I get these weird tiny dots that feel like sand. It doesnt matter which moisturizer I try it with.
I think Im going to go to Walmart and get a Cerave face moisturizer. I cant use that prescription lotion without a moisturizer. I have combination skin and when I wear this prescription lotion, it feels so dry and tight - but I HATE the feel of those tiny little sand grains on my face!
Any advice is so appreciated. Thank you.

I use this prescription as well. I put on the BP/Clindamycin first, wait for it to dry completely, then apply my moisturizer. You cant use the treatment then use the moisturizer right after. it's not going to work that way. How long have you been using this?