Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaryTheres

Hi Everyone - Marytheres Here!

Hi everyone, I have not been on here for so long! Just popped on to see how everyone is doing. And to report I am quite happy with my skin! So there is hope people! Not sure if it really was the smoothbeam, shaving or time ... probably a combination of all three. I hope everyone is well.

eusa_dance.gif

Great to hear! Refresh our memory; what sort of scarring did you have and what procedures did you have done? What percent improvement would you estimate?

I just ask because it's always helpful to hear success stories. biggrin.gif I seem to recall reading that you had shallow scarring...? If so, that's exactly what I have and what I am currently looking to get rid of. (And I do mean shallow; .1-.2 mm deep at most, with one that's maybe .3 mm or so. If they weren't slightly red, I doubt you could even see them in most light.)

I am sooo glad to hear you are pleased!! My daughter is just going in for her 2nd Smoothbeam next week. I know we will have to be patient from what I hear. Do you have any pics?

Great to hear from you again, Marytheres!!! eusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gif

That's fantastic news that you are happy with your skin - keep popping back to let us know how you are. smile.gif

Hey MT! That's FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for you!!!! It's good to hear from you again......are you shaving now? eusa_shifty.gifeusa_think.gif

seem to recall reading that you had shallow scarring...? If so, that's exactly what I have and what I am currently looking to get rid of. (And I do mean shallow; .1-.2 mm deep at most, with one that's maybe .3 mm or so. If they weren't slightly red, I doubt you could even see them in most light.)

That's great news! Gives me lots of hope that I can get rid of mine, especially considering that I'm only 21 and should still have good collagen production. biggrin.gif

Guest Tracy

Hi Mary!! I'm so glad you're happy with your skin!! That's such great news! eusa_clap.gif

I know what you mean Luna! I am always scared my husband is going to catch me doing it. How embarassing! I use the Mach 3 razor - it's expensive but worth it, must be very careful to to get nicks. I do it once a week. Also, I do it dry, after a shower. I dry my face and use the razor dry. I did get razor burn once - but only once and I think that was because I pressed too hard on the razor. it went away in a day. I LOVE not having peach fuzz and I think the exfoliation is good for the scars. I mean, spas are calling it dermaplanning and charging an arm and a leg to do this very "procedure."

Hi Tracy!

I did use the Retina A you sent me for few months (about three months or so) - maybe that helped too. But it was so hard to keep using it cause my face would get so red and peel! It was hard to keep up.

Thanks for the good wishes - how are you doing?