Notifications
Clear all

Atrophic Scars

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/04/2018 10:23 pm

I am a 23 YO female from India. I have been suffering from depressed acne scarring since years. I visited so many doctors and they suggested all expensive treatments which was too much to afford. But, recently (2 weeks back) I got a PRP treatment done on my face for the craters and pits. The doc said I will start seeing results from the very 1st treatment but so far I haven't seen any and it has completely shattered me as I have been saving all this while just to get these ghastly scars treated but now I feel completely depressed. Is there ANY way out? I mean do I have live with the scars all my life? Please help with any effective home remedy or whatever is the solution. I have heard of rosehip oil, camelia oil but do they really work on deep scars. I have a combination of rolling, icepick and boxcar scars. Please help!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/05/2018 12:29 am

1 hour ago, Rashmi55 said:

I am a 23 YO female from India. I have been suffering from depressed acne scarring since years. I visited so many doctors and they suggested all expensive treatments which was too much to afford. But, recently (2 weeks back) I got a PRP treatment done on my face for the craters and pits. The doc said I will start seeing results from the very 1st treatment but so far I haven't seen any and it has completely shattered me as I have been saving all this while just to get these ghastly scars treated but now I feel completely depressed. Is there ANY way out? I mean do I have live with the scars all my life? Please help with any effective home remedy or whatever is the solution. I have heard of rosehip oil, camelia oil but do they really work on deep scars. I have a combination of rolling, icepick and boxcar scars. Please help!

Well, if you're willing to try something unorthodox, then try my method:

Wait!! Try this skin hack before you get your next treatment!

I have pretty "ghastly" scars and they have been getting better since I've been using this method. That's all I will say for now. Just know that there are people here who are strictly opposed to anything unconventional so beware if they tell you otherwise. But I leave the choice up to your discretion nonetheless. I'm only here to help on a voluntary basis, not to put a gun to anyone's head.

PS. If you have a specific question regarding the above method, send me a PM.

keving100 liked
MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/05/2018 2:17 am

Hey, I am also undergoing PRP+microneedling for my acne scars, but my derm said that I will need 4 sessions and I can only get maximum improvement after about 2-3 months of my final session(I am also from india).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/05/2018 8:52 am

If we had photos showing us exactly what scarring you have we could better advice you.theres home treatments and ones which a dermitologist/dr can do so you could be doing something at home,instead we cant give you specific advice in relation to your scar type to realy help,can we?
:)

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/05/2018 8:54 am

Was the initial scar treatment done in India? I'm not sure that would be the best place for that?

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/05/2018 9:32 pm

12 hours ago, ScarRight said:

Was the initial scar treatment done in India? I'm not sure that would be the best place for that? 

Yes it was done in India.

19 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

Hey, I am also undergoing PRP+microneedling for my acne scars, but my derm said that I will need 4 sessions and I can only get maximum improvement after about 2-3 months of my final session(I am also from india).

Hi! Are you in Kolkata by any chance? And, has your derm prescribed any cream/product to apply on your face? I am due for a microneedling session and I'm going to get that done anyway as it's free and comes complementary in the PRP package. ;) How much is your per session cost? Just want to make sure I'm not being tricked into parting with a lot of money that's all. 

12 hours ago, Quadboy said:

If we had photos showing us exactly what scarring you have we could better advice you.theres home treatments and ones which a dermitologist/dr can do so you could be doing something at home,instead we cant give you specific advice in relation to your scar type to realy help,can we?
:)

You're right. I will try having images soon as my phone isn't working right now and I have been delaying buy a phone to get my scars treated. But, I can tell you that my scars are pretty deep on my cheeks and some shallow ones on my forehead which I'm fine with. Do/did you have/had any depressed/indented scars? 

You're right. I will try having images soon as my phone isn't working right now and I have been delaying buying a phone to get my scars treated. But, I can tell you that my scars are pretty deep on my cheeks and some shallow ones on my forehead which I'm fine with. Do/did you have/had any depressed/indented scars?  Edited just now by Rashmi55 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/05/2018 10:21 pm

Please checkout the FAQ - top of the scar solutions sub. First Post, Goto the TCA section. Click the link. First page has A case study with Indian skin type participants. Subcision and TCA peels were done with great results. Filler can be done with the subcision for the pits. See if their scars match what your going through.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 1:08 am

Yes, I am in Kolkata!. My treatment plan is exactly the same. My derm just gave me a topical and oral antibiotic for a week, nothing else. I just had my inclusive microneedling session 3 days back.

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 1:33 am

24 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
Yes, I am in Kolkata!. My treatment plan is exactly the same. My derm just gave me a topical and oral antibiotic for a week, nothing else. I just had my inclusive microneedling session 3 days back.

Which skin clinic are you consulting?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 1:51 am

rita skin foundation. and you?

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:27 am

35 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

OMG, me too!

Just now, Rashmi55 said:
36 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

OMG, me too! Who's your doc, Mr. Malakar?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:29 am

Yeah, I had consulted him before starting treatments, but he is not the one performing them.

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:35 am

4 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

Yeah, I had consulted him before starting treatments, but he is not the one performing them.

My derm is Dr. Priya. How many sessions have you had so far? And are your craters deep?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:36 am

oh, Dr. Pradhan or Dr. Mandal performed those procedures for me. I have had 2 sessions, yeah I have pretty bad scars. :(

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:40 am

2 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

oh, Dr. Pradhan or Dr. Mandal performed those procedures for me. I have had 2 sessions, yeah I have pretty bad scars. :(

Are you seeing any improvement?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:40 am

Just now, Rashmi55 said:

not much yet, you?

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:44 am

3 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
4 minutes ago, Rashmi55 said:

not much yet, you?

nah, i just had a PRP treatment done that's all. In the initial visit my derm suggested 2 sessions or PRP+MicroNeedling but now she says I'll need 4-5 of them. It's pretty annoying spending so much and seeing no results.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:46 am

its actually a lot cheaper than most of the private skin clinics.

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:54 am

1 minute ago, eternalrocket said:

its actually a lot cheaper than most of the private skin clinics.

Ik. That's exactly why I signed up to begin with as some of the other major clinics were offering prp for 7k+. But, I'm just disappointed that there's no change on the appearance of my scars whatsoever when the derm said I would.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:57 am

I think it will take atleast a few months before we start seeing some noticeable improvement. scar treatments take time.

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 2:58 am

The fact is, I do know that deep down but am just so desperate to get rid of these that I'm getting impatient. Guess I just need to give it time.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:08 am

Yeah, I completely understand. Btw, what kind of scars do you have?

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:19 am

8 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

Yeah, I completely understand. Btw, what kind of scars do you have?

Oh they're a combo of icepick, boxcar and rolling ones on my cheeks and mostly boxcar on my forehead. What about yours?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:21 am

I think I have large pores and boxcars on the left cheek and rolling scars on right cheek and forehead is texture issues.(might be wrong)

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:28 am

Just now, eternalrocket said:

I think I have large pores and boxcars on the left cheek and rolling scars on right cheek and forehead is texture issues.(might be wrong)
Are you using any serum to apply topically? They actually speed up the healing process. Esp. hyaluronic acid serum, Vit C serum and Retinol A cream.