Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drummerman

is it ok to use an AHA while on accutane

eucerin renewal lotion

I've heard mixed things. I've heard not to use it while on accutane, but then i also heard using a lotion with AHA in it will help with dryness.

so whats the deal. is it ok? it has lactic acid in it which is very mild and it doesnt have a lot of it.

thanks guys biggrin.gif

btw this lotion has spf 15 so thats definatly a +

I want to know that too. Glycolic acid comes under the category of AHA. I have a bottle of that. I have heard it moistruizes and also reduces oiliness. Do not know how it can do them both ( are they not contradictory?)

I went on tane a couple of days ago, and I would still want to use it cas if it moisturizes then it should be helpful.

I have my derm appt tomorrow morning. I am going to ask him the exact same thing. I will let you know what he says.

I have a salicyclic acid face wash which I use to wash my face and this glycolic acid toner which I plan to apply at bedtime. I also want to apply a hydroquinone on top of toner to help with old acne marks.

I will ask him if I can use any or all of the above while on tane.

I want to know that too. Glycolic acid comes under the category of AHA. I have a bottle of that. I have heard it moistruizes and also reduces oiliness. Do not know how it can do them both ( are they not contradictory?)

I went on tane a couple of days ago, and I would still want to use it cas if it moisturizes then it should be helpful.

I have my derm appt tomorrow morning. I am going  to ask him the exact same thing. I will let you know what he says.

I have a salicyclic acid face wash which I use to wash my face and this glycolic acid toner which I plan to apply at bedtime. I also want to apply a hydroquinone on top of toner to help with old acne marks.

I will ask him if I can use any or all of the above while on tane.

Definatly tell me what your derm says  biggrin.gif

but also, i know that while on accutane, your not supposed to use a harsh cleanser like an SA cleanser, but something for sensitive skin and one that is very gentle.  Also I heard hydroquinone is a no-no on accutane, but im not sure.

good luck!