Notifications
Clear all

[Ask] Scars Severity & Treatment

MemberMember
(@skyreem)

Posted : 01/04/2018 10:05 am

Hi all

So a year ago I went to a dermatologist at a hospital. He prescribed me Minocycline (Hydrochloride) 100mg and an Epiduo gel 0.1/2.5% (adapalene & benzoyl peroxide). The treatment was for 6 months and the tablets did a great job. I barely have any whiteheads or nodules, whiteheads only pop up if I masturbate a bit too much.

The the thing is I'm left with discolored spots, still some tiny/small bumps that never turn into whiteheads, and what seems to be scars. I think the Epiduo was supposed to take care of that, but it doesn't work for me. I think my skin is too thick, it doesn't work on my sister either but it does work on her friend's skin...

So my questions to you guys: How severe is are my scars? What can I use? Can I also treat the discoloration and the bumps alongside treating the scars or do I need to treat those issues differently? 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20180104_153033[1].jpg

IMG_20180104_153120[1].jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/04/2018 10:09 am

Your skin is still healing,this is why its red,moving you to correct part of forum.
:)

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 01/04/2018 11:12 am

1 hour ago, Quadboy said:

Your skin is still healing,this is why its red,moving you to correct part of forum.

He does have indented acne scarring. It's saucer-shaped indented scars that are red. I have the exact same scars that have been red for years. He should be moved back, his scars are similar to mine. 

skyreem liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/04/2018 4:04 pm

He wants to know how to heal the color issues as he is hyperpigmented ontop that his scars,which so happen to be hyperpigmented,his skin is still healing.

he should heal before he touchs any scars as they are more likely still healing themselves.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 01/04/2018 4:18 pm

12 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

He wants to know how to heal the color issues as he is hyperpigmented ontop that his scars,which so happen to be hyperpigmented,his skin is still healing.

he should heal before he touchs any scars as they are more likely still healing themselves.

In is question he is asking how to treat his indented scars, and then additionally how to treat his discolorations and bumps. This still belongs in the other forum, he can just wait a bit to treat the indents until more healing is done. 

"So my questions to you guys: How severe is are my scars? What can I use? Can I also treat the discoloration and the bumps alongside treating the scars"

skyreem liked
MemberMember
(@skyreem)

Posted : 01/04/2018 5:57 pm

1 hour ago, Quadboy said:

1 hour ago, Petsme said:
In is question he is asking how to treat his indented scars, and then additionally how to treat his discolorations and bumps. This still belongs in the other forum, he can just wait a bit to treat the indents until more healing is done. 

"So my questions to you guys: How severe is are my scars? What can I use? Can I also treat the discoloration and the bumps alongside treating the scars"

Thank you for your replies and my apologies for the confusion I have caused. As you mentioned and discussed about, I'm left with hyperpigmentation and scars after my minocycline treatment. Right now I don't know what heals automatically and what needs to treatment.

I thought the hyperpigmentation went hand in hand with scars just like the skin tissue of scars through wounds have a different color as well. So I thought that treating the scars first would subsequently treat the hyperpigmentation. ^_^

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/04/2018 6:26 pm

Hyperpigmentation is pie/pih its a sign of healing,takes up to months.problem is i see red in the edges of the scars,not exactly the bed of the scar so your scars  are also healing.its not advicable to treat scars that are already in a healing phase,you interupt it and its back to square one.

You say you got bumps?i assume them are the red spots mostly on your right cheek,dont know on selfy as it reverses.your skin is healing let it heal,read up on this section and find out what is the general advice for this problem.

one bit of advice i will give is,use moisturiser after you wash.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2018 7:05 pm

We have a guide with treatments for PIE / PIH under the hyperpigmentation sub in the forums. Find hyperpigmentation, first post is a faq, read this you have wounding post acne. The strongest and most expensive treatment is laser called vascular laser. Many it takes a year to heal naturally. Some do some light peels after some months of healing like glycolic. See the FAQ