Notifications
Clear all

New Device approved by FDA for wound healing

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/04/2018 8:37 am

FDA just approved Sanuwave that uses shock wave therapy to treat wounds. Will be used for cosmetic treatment also.

http://www.sanuwave.com/template_files/946/science/pace-biology.php

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/04/2018 8:52 am

This is different to Skin TE, which is also for burn wounds?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2018 7:26 pm

Update: this is no different than picosure or acoustical treatments to induce cytokins.

This is just shock wave therapy. Been around forever, They use this after coolsculpting, so the body gets rid of the fat. I have not seen it effectively used for acne scars. Unless more data actual white papers, clinical testing, and results comes out I do not see this as a viable solution for acne scars. How could it be, it does not break up scar tissue, hence energy is used to desiccate. IT helps the body heal wounds, but not pre-existing scarring, unless they combine it with other treatments. " Extracorporeal shock wave therapy may be a useful addition to the management of postburn scars. " I have also seen it used for physical rehabilitation. The most famous is the Zimmer machine.

Uses for shockwave:
Insertion tendinopathy
Tendon problems
Chronic inflammation
Hypertonic muscle systems
Myofascial syndromes
Hemotoma treatments

[Link removed]

Regarding Skin TE posted outside of the scarless healing sub. Currently burn victims get only 5-10% improvement using hydrogels on their scars, there are thousands of patents for this type of stuff. This is why SkinTE was created, to get a few more percentage points and they will be happy as they live with lifelong debilitating conditions all over their body (ie - cant move limbs because of scar tissue). There is no concrete evidence of anything other than providing some more improvement over the hundreds of other treatments for this. It's hypothetical (pigs) and will be expensive as recell was created for this also (I know how technically it works differently). To those who actually are in the business of helping those with scar, we have known about it for a long time. It has no proven efficacy of even working and is just another pharma / biomed company over promising for all treatments, anything else has yet to be seen in mass scale and is as such unethical to recommend. If it works in the future great, I help people as economically as I can "now" for that time so they can move on with their lives. There will be hundreds of companies if this stuff works, ...

eekman liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 01/04/2018 9:19 pm

`

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/04/2018 11:02 pm

On 1/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, Candy Says said:
On 1/4/2018 at 7:26 PM, beautifulambition said:

This is just shock wave therapy. Been around forever, They use this after coolsculpting, so the body gets rid of the fat. I have not seen it effectively used for acne scars. Unless more data actual white papers, clinical testing, and results comes out I do not see this as a viable solution for acne scars. How could it be, it does not break up scar tissue, hence energy is used to desiccate. IT helps the body heal wounds, but not pre-existing scarring, unless they combine it with other treatments. " Extracorporeal shock wave therapy may be a useful addition to the management of postburn scars. " I have also seen it used for physical rehabilitation. The most famous is the Zimmer machine.

Uses for shockwave:
Insertion tendinopathy
Tendon problems
Chronic inflammation
Hypertonic muscle systems
Myofascial syndromes
Hemotoma treatments

[Link removed]

Regarding Skin TE posted outside of the scarless healing sub. Currently burn victims get only 5-10% improvement using hydrogels on their scars, there are thousands of patents for this type of stuff. This is why SkinTE was created, to get a few more percentage points and they will be happy as they live with lifelong debilitating conditions all over their body (ie - cant move limbs because of scar tissue). There is no concrete evidence of anything other than providing some more improvement over the hundreds of other treatments for this. It's hypothetical (pigs) and will be expensive as recell was created for this also (I know how technically it works differently). To those who actually are in the business of helping those with scar, we have known about it for a long time. It has no proven efficacy of even working and is just another pharma / biomed company over promising for all treatments, anything else has yet to be seen in mass scale and is as such unethical to recommend. If it works in the future great, I help people as economically as I can "now" for that time so they can move on with their lives. There will be hundreds of companies if this stuff works, ...

Personally I am very glad that you took part in conversation about skinte. I think many of scarless healing thread participants do not check other topics. Can you post your comment in Scarless Healing thread? would be great to have additional points of view.

Very true. Some people have their head in the clouds over in that thread.