Notifications
Clear all

V-Beam (Laser treatment) for red scars/marks

MemberMember
(@ecna)

Posted : 01/03/2018 12:12 pm

Hi,

I just got home from my dermatologist appointment where we discussed treatment forscars, morespecifically V-Beam. First thing I did when I got home was to check for reviews here on acne.org but to my disappointment there werent many at all which lead me to write this thread!

My plan is to do it in a month and after that do them with 3 week intervals. I willstick to the acne.org regimen but one week before I willstop with BP to let theskin rest. Do you thinkstopping with BP is enough or do I have tostop with the cleanser as well?

I wanted to ask for peoples experience with V-Beam. Were you satifisfied with the results? How many times did you have to do it before yousaw visible results?

Did anyone have a bad experience?

Another thing that worries me is that laser treatmen can affect the beard, did anyone experience this?

Please feel free toshare any thoughts you may have, anything is appreciated! Whether you have done it yourself or if you're having plans to do it!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/03/2018 12:47 pm

Vbeam is a well known vascular laser.

You don't have scars, it's PIE or wounding post acne. This creates "red marks."

You have to do vbeam about 6 times.

No it won't effect the beard, it protects the epidermis when the shots are fired using a cryo spray. You will have to shave to get proper treatment of the reds, otherwise it may not work as well.

Vbeam is commonly used for this. Vascular laser.

See the FAQ top of the hyperpigmentation sub, first post is the FAQ, look for PIE.

ecna liked
MemberMember
(@ecna)

Posted : 01/04/2018 5:51 am

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Vbeam is a well known vascular laser.

You don't have scars, it's PIE or wounding post acne. This creates "red marks."

You have to do vbeam about 6 times.

No it won't effect the beard, it protects the epidermis when the shots are fired using a cryo spray. You will have to shave to get proper treatment of the reds, otherwise it may not work as well.

Vbeam is commonly used for this. Vascular laser.

See the FAQ top of the hyperpigmentation sub, first post is the FAQ, look for PIE.

Thanks for your respond.
Did you ever do this treatment yourself?
Ifso I have a number of questions for you that I would be very grateful if you answered to your best ability;

If it is PIE or wounding post acne" and notscars it will generally fade faster than ascar, right?
My dermatologist told me it can be used on active acne as well as marks. How effective is it on active acne?
Did you ever experience anyside effects?

Will it be enough tostop with only BP a week prior to the treatment or do I have tostop cleaning my face with the acne.org cleanser as well?

Again - thanks!

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 01/09/2018 1:37 am

On 1/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, ecna said:
Thanks for your respond.
Did you ever do this treatment yourself?
Ifso I have a number of questions for you that I would be very grateful if you answered to your best ability;

If it is PIE or wounding post acne" and notscars it will generally fade faster than ascar, right?
My dermatologist told me it can be used on active acne as well as marks. How effective is it on active acne?
Did you ever experience anyside effects?

Will it be enough tostop with only BP a week prior to the treatment or do I have tostop cleaning my face with the acne.org cleanser as well?

Again - thanks!

He hasn't, if he did he'll know it is useless. I had more than 6 which did nothing. I doubt anyone has had them at greater settings than me. My bruising lasted 2-3 weeks with residual afterwards. Did zero, nothing but a waste of time. You always hear vascular lasers trotted out for this condition by people who haven't done it. Save your money and the downtime and let time heal it on its own.

Eric98 liked