Notifications
Clear all

What are these on my forehead ?!?!?!

MemberMember
(@jazzaa36)

Posted : 12/29/2017 6:44 am

A few months ago, I had began to develop these bumps on my forehead which seem to be mostly colourless and very stubborn :(. I have used multiple topical creams, exfoliators etc which has actually made my skin worse (making me breaking out on the cheeks). I went to my GP a week ago he just looked at my face for a second once and said its just "ance pimples" and gave a topical cream. Could these be a fungal yeast infection or is it ance? They have appeared as a cluster on my forehead. My diet is clean, no diary, no sugars, a lot of water, veggies etc and I also workout everyday. Thanks in advance!!

25520746_1490699634319195_1621223663_o.jpg

25530339_1490701294319029_625302946_o.png

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/29/2017 6:47 am

Suggest you go to dr and ask for an oral anti biotic,do the course and see what happens.
:)

MemberMember
(@jazzaa36)

Posted : 12/29/2017 8:02 am

thank you I will do that! do you have any clue as what these bumps are?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/29/2017 8:53 am

51 minutes ago, jazzaa36 said:

do you have any clue as what these bumps are?

could be folliculitis?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/29/2017 9:07 am

If its bacteria based the anti biotic should sort it out.deoends on how stubborn and where its located,on the surface,in the skin or under it.penecillin is a short term anti biotic,its powerfull stuff but if you got stubborn bacteria and it is reoccuring then penecillin isnt the correct anti biotic,lymecycline or that type might be more suited,if you get snti biotic,take it as instructed,best is in morning when you wake up,an hour beforeeating or drinking.
:)

MemberMember
(@jazzaa36)

Posted : 12/29/2017 9:24 am

How can I make sure it is bacterial or fungal ? (will only a dermatologist be able to diagnose this?)

34 minutes ago, MrBakery said:
could be folliculitis?

I have assumed that aswell but they are not itchy nor red so not 100% sure :(, I have bought nizoral 2% and have been applying that twice a day for 4 days now, however I have seen no progress (people usually see progress almost instantly?) I am going to continue this for a month and see what happens

MemberMember
(@josephine-b)

Posted : 12/29/2017 7:19 pm

I am no dermatologist, but based on research those look like closed comedones (aka whiteheads). These comedones are similar to blackheads, but there is a layer of skin over them so the dead skin and oils have not been oxidized. BIackeadds, which are commonly found on the nose, are easier to clear because they are open comedones and have been oxidized. I have the same problem on my forehead and I don't know exactly how to clear them. The most important thing I can tell you is to not use harsh acne treatments because these small bumps are not something you can dry out. So far, I have used gentle aloe vera and olive oil on my face once a day and double cleanse my forehead to avoid the formation of more of these bumps. The bumps are still there, but they are more subtle and less obvious. Hope thishelps!

MemberMember
(@jazzaa36)

Posted : 12/30/2017 5:31 am

10 hours ago, josephine.b said:

I am no dermatologist, but based on research those look like closed comedones (aka whiteheads). These comedones are similar to blackheads, but there is a layer of skin over them so the dead skin and oils have not been oxidized. BIackeadds, which are commonly found on the nose, are easier to clear because they are open comedones and have been oxidized. I have the same problem on my forehead and I don't know exactly how to clear them. The most important thing I can tell you is to not use harsh acne treatments because these small bumps are not something you can dry out. So far, I have used gentle aloe vera and olive oil on my face once a day and double cleanse my forehead to avoid the formation of more of these bumps. The bumps are still there, but they are more subtle and less obvious. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response! whats your next plan in action for these bumps? Ive had them for so long its actually me and stays in the back of my mind everyday :(