Notifications
Clear all

Make up suggestions? (DUDE needing help)

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/29/2017 4:50 am

I've come to accept that I may possibly have acne for my wedding day (8 months) as well as hyperpigmentation.

Can any of you make up experts give me advice on a concealer just to spot treat the extremely red marks?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 12/29/2017 6:51 am

well... If your wedding day is in 8 months you have time to both get rid of acne and acne scars.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/29/2017 6:53 am

1 minute ago, Duperele said:

well... If your wedding day is in 8 months you have time to both get rid of acne and acne scars.

Reoccurring relapses make me doubt it.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/29/2017 7:08 am

And I would use it now to hide marks as well.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 12/29/2017 10:16 am

3 hours ago, jPablo said:
3 hours ago, Duperele said:

Reoccurring relapses make me doubt it.

You can try accutane, or be on Antibiotics while you have the wedding.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/29/2017 7:06 pm

firstly you need find out what type of skin problem you have and your skin type.

-for example, if you have oily skin, you might want to look into vitamins to help reduce your over production of sebum etc

once you have got a handle on your acne, you can start to treat you post acne marks.

i would say with the correct skin routine, diet and treatments you can greatly improve your skin in 8 weeks.

-to start, google search:
diet for acne (what foods to avoid)
sls /Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and acne. (creams and soaps to avoid)
vitamins for acne & skin.
treatments for post acne marks.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/29/2017 7:18 pm

I've been on oral and topical antibiotics for 4 months now chaps.

@MrBakery I haven't used any vitamins since I've been on these antibiotics but I might start again soon.

I just use water to wash with as my skin dries out with the topical antibiotics.  My skin is combination, sometimes really oily sometimes dry.

I use sudocrem on my hyperpigmentation.20171210_122028.jpg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/30/2017 8:38 am

sudocrem is ok but is known to clog the pores and cause spots and other problems.

i would check vitamins not going to interfere with yourantibiotics first but if you didnt know, vitamins C, Zinc & D3 are meant to work the best for skin healing & helping with acne (but do your research) worth noting, vitamins normally take upto 3 weeks to start working. - on the flip size, some foods/drinks can zap your vitamin levels - ive read coca-cola /fizzy drinks can can do this.

what type of topical antibiotics are you using?

jPablo liked
MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/30/2017 4:36 pm

7 hours ago, MrBakery said:

sudocrem is ok but is known to clog the pores and cause spots and other problems.

i would check vitamins not going to interfere with yourantibiotics first but if you didnt know, vitamins C, Zinc & D3 are meant to work the best for skin healing & helping with acne (but do your research) worth noting, vitamins normally take upto 3 weeks to start working. - on the flip size, some foods/drinks can zap your vitamin levels - ive read coca-cola /fizzy drinks can can do this.

what type of topical antibiotics are you using?

I haven't noticed sudacrem clogging. I only apply to hyperpigmentation when the spot is finished.

I was on zinc but the doc told me to just use antibiotics to see if it clears up (this is a relapse I'm having). I'll be going back on zinc and will defo check up on the others!

I tend to avoid fizzy drinks...mainly water and orange juice.

it's zineryt topical (cleared me last time and stayed clear for about 6/7 months) and oxytetracycline oral.

Thanks dude!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/31/2017 4:35 pm

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Antibiotics are not that great in treating acne. Have you ever tried a retinoid? Acne can be a long process so be prepared for it to take more than eight months to get where you want to be. You may also want to look into diet changes just to cover all your bases. Dairy, gluten and processed foods can be a trigger for some.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/31/2017 8:58 pm

4 hours ago, leelowe1 said:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.  Antibiotics are not that great in treating acne.  Have you ever tried  a retinoid?  Acne can be a long process so be prepared for it to take more than eight months to get where you want to be.   You may also want to look into diet changes just to cover all your bases.  Dairy, gluten and processed foods can be a trigger for some.  

No I haven't. The last time the Anti biotics cleared me in no time, this time it's defo not as effective.

I hope in 8 months I'm totally clear again or a few pimples is fine.

considering Accutane!

20171109-1.jpg

this is how my acne healed the last time, not a Mark!