Notifications
Clear all

Accutane updates (highschool)

MemberMember
(@jakewilliam)

Posted : 12/27/2017 10:46 am

Day 1 : My skin is starting out really clear for me it™s quite a bit hyperpigmentation. I don™t have many pictures from when my acne has been bad but the main part of my acne that annoys me is that it™s moderate and it™s just been here forever my acne was bad in 6,7,8 and now 9 grade but it™s just been something I live with so I decided to take the big step and try accutane.96F30D4D-B394-4CE7-92BC-B3960D1E11FC.jpeg4DBAF57B-7BF7-4E23-B697-893C2C6FA790.jpeg Day 6: Not much has changed besides dry lips my lips have been getting really dry it could be because of the cold but I never really had that issue in any other winter so I™m going to say it™s the accutane but my skin seems to be almost ready to break out which actually I can™t wait for because I just want to get it done with now.1A85B495-8858-4106-BB11-C051D0DCA5A8.jpegFA0EB00E-FD65-4D5E-AC5E-40459547F706.jpeg

MemberMember
(@fiksi)

Posted : 12/28/2017 10:22 am

Is it only your face? Tane has long term effects... some may not appear immediately, some may be permanent. Once you have taken it, it may be too late. Joint problems are very common.

MemberMember
(@jakewilliam)

Posted : 12/29/2017 7:24 pm

No, my acne is only chest, back and arms too

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 12/31/2017 5:52 pm

On 12/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, JakeWilliam said:

Day 1 : My skin is starting out really clear for me it™s quite a bit hyperpigmentation. I don™t have many pictures from when my acne has been bad but the main part of my acne that annoys me is that it™s moderate and it™s just been here forever my acne was bad in 6,7,8 and now 9 grade but it™s just been something I live with so I decided to take the big step and try accutane.96F30D4D-B394-4CE7-92BC-B3960D1E11FC.jpeg4DBAF57B-7BF7-4E23-B697-893C2C6FA790.jpeg Day 6: Not much has changed besides dry lips my lips have been getting really dry it could be because of the cold but I never really had that issue in any other winter so I™m going to say it™s the accutane but my skin seems to be almost ready to break out which actually I can™t wait for because I just want to get it done with now.1A85B495-8858-4106-BB11-C051D0DCA5A8.jpegFA0EB00E-FD65-4D5E-AC5E-40459547F706.jpeg

Going by these pictures your acne is not bad enough to justify being prescribed accutane.
Do you really understand all the risks you are taking.
Where are you from?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 12/31/2017 6:53 pm

1 hour ago, hatetane said:
Going by these pictures your acne is not bad enough to justify being prescribed accutane.
Where are you from?

His acne is barely severe enough to take antibiotics

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 01/01/2018 5:23 pm

22 hours ago, Duperele said:
23 hours ago, hatetane said:
Where are you from?

His acne is barely severe enough to take antibiotics

Can't be judging Jake here but his derm needs to be reported!

I have tried reporting the very serious sides not listed on the PIL to the regulators and all they say is benefits v risk and that as we all should
know that medication have side effects.

So we the public are suppose to be knowledgeable when the doctors and dermatologists are not!
We are somehow magically suppose to know that accutane is the most heinous drug on the market causing permanent side effects like sexual dysfunction and suicide that occurs many years post accutane maybe because of depression maybe because the side effects are just too much to live with.

When you read the leaflet and ask your derm about the side effects they laugh in your face and tell you not to worry and that accutane is a miracle drug.

And victims are so ashamed they hardly ever report their side effects.

How many more victims do their need to be?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/01/2018 6:17 pm

53 minutes ago, hatetane said:

I have tried reporting the very serious sides not listed on the PIL to the regulators and all they say is benefits v risk and that as we all should

So we the public are suppose to be knowledgeable when the doctors and dermatologists are not!
We are somehow magically suppose to know that accutane is the most heinous drug on the market causing permanent side effects like sexual dysfunction and suicide that occurs many years post accutane maybe because of depression maybe because the side effects are just too much to live with.

When you read the leaflet and ask your derm about the side effects they laugh in your face and tell you not to worry and that accutane is a miracle drug.

IDK this guy is making a blog on acne.org and he must be aware of all the side effects.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 01/02/2018 10:22 am

16 hours ago, Duperele said:
16 hours ago, hatetane said:

IDK this guy is making a blog on acne.org and he must be aware of all the side effects.

I quite agree. I get that the doctors are lying to everyone and proclaiming accuatane as a miracle but you only have to visit this forum and
others - one would think that would be enough to make you think twice but clearly not.

I have warned mothers who have asked on this forum for advice but they just don't want to hear it.
How could you consider putting your kids on accutane having read this forum - poor kids!!

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/02/2018 2:59 pm

4 hours ago, hatetane said:
I quite agree. I get that the doctors are lying to everyone and proclaiming accuatane as a miracle but you only have to visit this forum and
others - one would think that would be enough to make you think twice but clearly not.

I have warned mothers who have asked on this forum for advice but they just don't want to hear it.
How could you consider putting your kids on accutane having read this forum - poor kids!!

Have you taken accutane?

MemberMember
(@fiksi)

Posted : 01/03/2018 10:09 am

On 01. 01. 2018. at 11:23 PM, hatetane said:

I agree with you. We don't even know how tane works fully...

I now have side effects. Seems many of us have them, it's just as they are not reported, stats appear better.

Many side effects appear later, and people fall through cracks.

I also agree his acne is not for tane.