Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Y'all,

I've noticed that a lot of people on these boards use Dove bar soap for sensitive skin. I've been under the impression that the ingredients that make the soap cling enough in order to form bars, is also comedogenic. Paula Begoun talks about that a bit in her books and on her website cosmeticcop.com. If you haven't checked that site out, you should. She's quite a thorn in the side of the cosmetics and beauty industry, kind of a watch dog. I've learned a lot from reading her books. Anyway, have you all not found bar soaps to be pore-clogging? I'm wondering since they're so inexpensive.... interested to know what you all think, berry

Most bar soaps are pore clogging and HORRIBLE for facial skin. but the dove sensitive skin is very nice. non pore clogging...nice clean feel after using...moisturizes a littlle. I like it a lot.

I seem to remember when I bought it seeing "non-comedogenic" somewhere, but I forget... it has a really good review on MUA as a facial soap, so I figured it was so cheap I may as well. I also know girls in the past who have used it and have flawless skin (however that could very well be their good genes.. grrr).

The reason I like Dove the most is that not only is it simple and gentle, it takes off my makeup - that is HUGE for me. Nothing else I've ever used really seems to do that, with the exception of Noxzema Triple Clean. I would use Cetaphil if I could, but my face just doesn't feel clean enough after.

Cetaphil, Basis or Purpose is what I've used through the years; I prefer Cetaphil. It looks like a bar soap, but it's not.

I recommend Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar. I use it as a cleanser as part of my daily regime, and I find its not overly drying on my skin and doesn't cause me any breakouts. Its oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic and very cheap too!

I use the "Original" type of soap, but it also comes in an Original Fragrance-free, Oily Skin, Dry Skin and Dry Skin Fragrance-free versions. Check out the following link for more info:

Facial Cleansing Bar

Hey Y'all,

I've noticed that a lot of people on these boards use Dove bar soap for sensitive skin. I've been under the impression that the ingredients that make the soap cling enough in order to form bars, is also comedogenic. Paula Begoun talks about that a bit in her books and on her website cosmeticcop.com. If you haven't checked that site out, you should. She's quite a thorn in the side of the cosmetics and beauty industry, kind of a watch dog. I've learned a lot from reading her books. Anyway, have you all not found bar soaps to be pore-clogging? I'm wondering since they're so inexpensive.... interested to know what you all think, berry

I LOVE dove (I just use the original bar). But yea, when my skin became irritated and dull looking after using BP and SA washes I switched to Dove and my skin looks soooo much better, it definitely didn't make me break out, and I just use tea tree oil with it now and my face is very clear

people are quick to label "soap" as something terrible for your skin and that's one way all these brands that make expensive "facial cleansers" make more money. Soaps/cleansers are all different.

I have noticed that cetaphil doesn't take off my make up. I have dove moisturizing body bars at home ( I think that is what they are called) that I use on my body, are these the same things that you're referring to or are you talking about an actual bar of soap, made by Dove, for your face? Someone want to link me up to a picture maybe? Or I suppose I could search for it my self! lol

So I can use that on 'tane?? Cause I struggle with the cetaphil taking the make up off and sometimes think that it makes my breaking out worse because its not getting all the make up off.

I'm on Accutane now and I use it. It's very gentle. I like it because I don't have to directly touch my face. I hate feeling the bumps on my face, using a bar soap is a great way to get around it.

I forgot to add that I had the same problem with Cetaphil, it would take me soooo long to get the make-up off with it, even with a face cloth. Elsa recommended it in several posts I took the advice and I'm glad I did. Thanks Elsa biggrin.gif

So I can use that on 'tane??  Cause I struggle with the cetaphil taking the make up off and sometimes think that it makes my breaking out worse because its not getting all the make up off.

It contains 1/4 moisturizing lotion - do you still moisturize? And if so w/what do you moisturize? Im still using plain old cetaphil moisturizer but this makes my skin feel really greasy yet. I mean it does feel nice and smooth and soft once it absorbs but I wonder if there is something bette rout there?

cool thanks Elsa.

I read that you're done w/your treatment, how does your face look? and have any of the side effects left yet - like tiredness ( I experience this, im not sure if anyone else does), dryness, hair dryness, etc?

i swear by Dove sensitive soap bar too....i will never use any other cleanser on my face other than this wonderful product... EVER!! biggrin.gif

And you're not tired anymore right? I sure hope the fatigue goes away, im sick of feeling so run down and I still have 3 and a half months to go. I too have the damn rash on my hands. sad.gif

Thanks girls, im really excited to go home and wash my face, however silly that sounds!

And you're not tired anymore right?  I sure hope the fatigue goes away, im sick of feeling so run down and I still have 3 and  a half months to go.  I too have the damn rash on my hands.  sad.gif

Thanks girls, im really excited to go home and wash my face, however silly that sounds!

I feel the same way. Halfway through my work day I think, man I can't wait to go home and wash this make-up off my face. I'm getting excited right now just thinking about it! (and I'm dead serious too!)