Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Burn Permanent?

MemberMember
(@feri79)

Posted : 12/17/2017 1:11 pm

Hi. 
I was on accutane 30mg daily and my last dose of it was 4 months ago. I don't have ANY acne and my face was so clear for last 6-7 month. But a week ago, I get 3-4 small acne, and I used Benzoyl Peroxide %5 on them for 4-5 days. They completely disappeared. I was so happy. 
I wanted to dermaroll my skin with my 1.0 dermaroller. I done dermarolling 4-5?times before, and even I was on accutane, but everytime I done it, my face gets a bit red, then, it will go away in 2-5 hours. If it was very very red, it will %100 go away overnight. This is the maximum healing time and after that my face become completely un-red(!) and like before. 
BUT, My question is: 
I dermarolled my skin friday afternoon(~6:00 pm) , and face became very red like everytime. I think that it will go away before I sleep(11:00 pm) . Allof face redness gone excluding my laugh line(2 left and right lines next to my lip). It was very red and it didnt healed at all. I applied some Avene Xeracalm, applied Zind Oxide %25 overnight, applied spf50 sunscreen Saturday and Sunday(today) but the redness isnt gone. It's came like a hot water burning :( what can i do to cure it? 
Also from Today morning, i got lots of skin peels, like when you take accutane for some weeks for first time. I got peeling in that place on the rednesses. 
Will it become permanent? I 'm so worried and i got panic attacks about it from yesterday:( 
I'm not an impatient person, i can wait even for 2-3 months with no problem; but im scared that if its permanent? Please answer me thank you. 
image.jpg
About Pic: those small red leftovers are from my past acne s that i got before and trated with accutane. What i talking about is only redness on my laugh lines and between my eyebrows. 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/17/2017 2:22 pm

It should go away,looks like you overloaded your skin.take about a week for skin to heal,wait the 7 days and see what happens,suggest you keep these areas moisturised.
:)

MemberMember
(@feri79)

Posted : 12/17/2017 2:53 pm

@Quadboy
thank for your answer, 
you means it is not permanent?? 
Can i be sure? 
And; which moisturer do you recommend? 
I using Av¨ne Xeracalm A.D. is it good? 
Whats your opinion about Zinc Oxide %25 to leave it overnight? I did this last night. 
Do you have any product  for faster healing? Something like Biafine, but alternatives. I called 3 pharmas in my country and they dont have it available. They said it doesnt imported for a while. I will call some other pharmacies tomorrow. 
Thanks. 
image.jpg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/18/2017 1:50 pm

im not a doctor but imo most skin damage will heal over time. in my experience my skin bounces back after 1-3 weeks. you might want to look into vitamins to boost skin healing, which might help.

less is more when trying to heal skin damage. the only thing i know of which reduces redness is a over night aspirin masks. but might not work for you. (research before trying)

MemberMember
(@feri79)

Posted : 12/19/2017 1:47 am

11 hours ago, MrBakery said:

im not a doctor but imo most skin damage will heal over time. in my experience my skin bounces back after 1-3 weeks. you might want to look into vitamins to boost skin healing, which might help.

less is more when trying to heal skin damage. the only thing i know of which reduces redness is a over night aspirin masks. but might not work for you. (research before trying)

I heard that aspirin mask is a potent scrub that remove one layer of skin. Because its an acid.
Fortunately, my face got much better from that time.
thank you all

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/20/2017 6:45 am

i wouldnt say aspirin removes dead skin but removes inflammation/redness.

MemberMember
(@feri79)

Posted : 12/20/2017 2:34 pm

Aspirin topical reduces inflammation? Thats interesting! I heard before that its a scrub that renews skin! 
Thank you @MrBakery for your help! I will try that sometime! 
My face has became much better than before ;) i will post pic tomorrow 
its recovered about %85 :) 
Thank all members of this helpful forum¤ï¸
I have to try aspirin mask with caution in a small area for any possible reaction, and then i will use it. Thank you. 

MemberMember
(@feri79)

Posted : 12/23/2017 6:48 pm

I want to thank you all and say congratulation for coming of new year 2018 :)
My face is healed and repaired about %95 exactly after that 7 days that @Quadboy said! 
Thank. 
9A209E33-EF71-4FF6-87AD-C02CBD1FA22F.jpeg

MemberMember
(@flyingsession)

Posted : 12/26/2017 6:02 am

Hi there guys I was just wondering if someone could tell me what severity of acne I have. I have had acne since I was about 12-13 much worse than it is now. Currently I use epiduo every night with aveeno moisturiser afterwards and I use a black pore mask once a week. However despite this I continue to suffer with large red pimples under the skin that are painful and take a long time to go away. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid of these because they make me extremely unhappy and make me not want to show my face at times. Thanks a lot any help would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/30/2017 9:04 am

im not a doctor but going by your description and before/after photo, i dont see a bad acne problem but i would say you have sensitive skin. imo you should be treating it accordingly ..some treatments / creams etc maybe totally wrong for your skin type.

-large, painful spots under the skin are normally caused by blocked pores (caused by creams/soaps etc) but can also be a diet problem.

MemberMember
(@charlotte_f23)

Posted : 07/14/2018 8:22 am

@feri79 hi what moisturiser did you use to help heal it? Thank you x

On 23/12/2017 at 11:48 PM, feri79 said:

I want to thank you all and say congratulation for coming of new year 2018 :)
My face is healed and repaired about %95 exactly after that 7 days that @Quadboy said! 
Thank. 
9A209E33-EF71-4FF6-87AD-C02CBD1FA22F.jpeg