Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lafasta

Stacie's B5 Journal

Well, i've decided to start taking B5. I've read pretty much all good things about this stuff so i thought i'd give it a try since nothing else is seeming to work. Plus my skin is extremely sensitive so i can't use anything harsh like BP or perscription drugs. So hopefully this works, because i've pretty much given up on everything else!!

Anywayz, it's actually day 2 of my journal. Yesterday I started with my first dose of 5g a day. Everyone says to start at 5g and move up to 10g after 3 days. I woke up this morning and my skin actually looked worse than yesterday. cry.gif I don't think its because of the B5 though, because i think it takes longer to work than 1 day. So i'd say so far no noticable difference.

Going to work now though, i'll post again 2nite.

DAY 3

Well, my skin looks a little better than it did yesterday. I had a ton small whiteheads all over my face by the time i got home from work last nite at 8:30pm. I still haven't figured out if it was from the B5, or if it was just another breakout. I tried to pop them all, which i know most people on here say is bad, but it's the only way they go away for me. This morning when i woke up, my face looks a little better. I haven't noticed any oil reduction yet. The old acne is healing i think. Some more whiteheads have popped up, but they might still have been from yesterday.

I haven't had any of the side effects that i've heard about (diarrea, hair loss etc.) so i'm happy about that at least.

Today i'm starting to take 10g. I know you're supposed to wait until the 4th day, but since i haven't had any side effects i thought i'd start one day early. Maybe it will start working sooner. (fingers crossed!)

Okay, it's the end of day 3 and i can say that my skin is drying up. But unfortunately my acne is not. sad.gif It could also just be the fact that i'm now using a clearasil face wash with SA in it that my face is dry. I know i shouldn't expect results this quickly, but i thought i might see a small improvement. Oh well, maybe 2morrow. Hopefully it won't take that long to kick in, because i want this acne GONE!! I'd say my acne is somewhat mild. I didn't always have it this bad either. I'm 20 years old, and i had pretty clear skin up until the beginning of the summer (about 7 months ago), and then whamo, my skin all of a sudden got all dry and flaky, and then the acne popped up everywhere (except my forehead). So maybe this is just a phase i'm going through, or maybe i just have some sort of skin infection....or i don't know. But what i do know is that i want it gone.

Well, goin' to bed now...I'll write again in the morning to say if anything has changed.