Notifications
Clear all

Lost time

MemberMember
(@marcworth)

Posted : 12/16/2017 12:55 pm

I'm 29 and finally getting my skin under control. I took isotretinoin two years ago and I've been having procedures which have improved my scars. I've spent a lot of my own money on private doctors. I should feel ecstatic but I'm not as happy as I thought I would be. I needed all of this when I was 18-21 years old and deeply depressed. I've lost many years of my life and I feel sad about it. I was let down by the incompetent NHS who refused me isotretinoin which led to scarring in my twenties. If I had no money I would probably still be suffering with cystic acne and getting scarred even more. I don't even care about the money because money can be made but you cannot get the years back once they are gone.

MemberMember
(@mylifeisacne)

Posted : 12/19/2017 1:49 am

26 and missed out on my best years. I'll have to skip the next 10 or so too because of the nice scars the cysts leave behind. Fuck everything.

MemberMember
(@dolph99)

Posted : 12/20/2017 7:28 pm

Make best use of the next few years.

I'm 37. Trust me, every single year in your 30s you are going to decline in some way. Fight it with everything you have.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/30/2018 10:57 am

Well...I thought exactly the same around 30 when the first roaccutane course cleared my face and body. If Id only new what was ahead and that I would lose my 30s too...endless battle.

MemberMember
(@mickidepaname)

Posted : 10/30/2018 9:04 pm

10 hours ago, Sibel said:

Well...I thought exactly the same around 30 when the first roaccutane course cleared my face and body. If Id only new what was ahead and that I would lose my 30s too...endless battle.

I hope you're okay...

MemberMember
(@marcworth1)

Posted : 11/01/2018 1:39 pm

On 30/10/2018 at 3:57 PM, Sibel said:

What happened?

I am the OP. I have not had acne for 2 years now.

Unfortunately I have some horrible acne scars, in particular a dent inbetween my eyebrows in which has had 3 failed scar revisions and a fat transfer. I have wasted 18 months hoping in vain that I would get good results from those procedures. So much down-time for so little in return.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 11/02/2018 8:40 am

After the first roa course it all returned, in 8 months to be precise. So second course. Slowly remission and another half a year with more or less normal skin, then again. Third long course, low dosage, better again. In about a year came back again... 4th time cleared evrth in a month, so stopped after 2 months, was ok about half a year, then again, 5th time... so from the age of 30 to around 38 I lived on roa. Then it mostly stopped. I still have outbreaks but no cysts. Keep roa with me always ready to take. Took it for couple of weeks once. All these outbreaks got years left scars. After tia each tiny spot leaves a mark or a scar. Scars treatment inbetween roa and after did not do anything. Still trying to do smth.
Marcworth1 What exactly did you do for scar revision? I am going to Pr.Chu next week for Subcision. Had Fat injections also, all dissolved, did nothing.

MemberMember
(@marcworth01)

Posted : 11/04/2018 6:59 am

On 02/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Sibel said:

After the first roa course it all returned, in 8 months to be precise. So second course. Slowly remission and another half a year with more or less normal skin, then again. Third long course, low dosage, better again. In about a year came back again... 4th time cleared evrth in a month, so stopped after 2 months, was ok about half a year, then again, 5th time... so from the age of 30 to around 38 I lived on roa. Then it mostly stopped. I still have outbreaks but no cysts. Keep roa with me always ready to take. Took it for couple of weeks once. All these outbreaks got years left scars. After tia each tiny spot leaves a mark or a scar. Scars treatment inbetween roa and after did not do anything. Still trying to do smth.
Marcworth1 What exactly did you do for scar revision? I am going to Pr.Chu next week for Subcision. Had Fat injections also, all dissolved, did nothing.

Sorry to hear it. I had surgical scar revision 3 times, but every time the scar stretched after the stitches dissolved, leaving a red depressed scar. I believe my skin no longer heals properly due to taking isotretinoin. In june I had fat transfer from my abdomen to the depressed scar, but the fat got absorbed after a week. This was at spire hospital England. I don't believe Tony Chu is any better to be honest as I have read negative reviews on here.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 11/07/2018 7:07 am

It is sad to hear( well, I am sitting now at the clinic waiting for the app with Professor.
There is not much to do in general, just to try to lift the depressed bottom and to blend it with the surrounding skin. The excision is not the option, I understand it more and more.
Will post in my thread.