Notifications
Clear all

Accutane is making my skin so bad

MemberMember
(@santaklaus)

Posted : 12/16/2017 4:36 am

Im on day 20. Last 7 days have been hell. My face started to break out more than ever before and it was so painful too. Two days ago my face looked kinda good and I hoped that the IB was over but today I woke up with alot of new acne on my face. When my face is supposed to get better this is so depressing... My dose is low 20mg a day and i asked my derm about the IB and she said i probably wont get one because of the dose but here i am almost crying..

MemberMember
(@808toms)

Posted : 12/16/2017 7:48 pm

What were you on before Accutane? Also was your acne getting worse before you went on?

MemberMember
(@accutane123456)

Posted : 12/16/2017 10:53 pm

hey cheer up. trust me it'll be over before you know it. i'm also on 20mg and my derm said i wouldn't have an IB either. yeah little did she know, my face exploded so bad from day 14 to almost 35. not only did it hurt my self esteem but it was so physically so painful. i woke up with so many cysts every day. i was so scared accutane wasn't going to work for me because nothing has. i'm almost finishing my second month and i literally only have 2 pimples on my face. TWO!!! i can FEEL SMOOTH SKIN. it makes me so excited for the other months to come. my advice is to just ignore mirrors, please don't focus so much on every single spot on your face. i know its not easy but time will fly by. i was on acne.org and the accutane subreddit reading so many posts about people overcoming their IB and it helped me so much to get through it. good luck <3