Notifications
Clear all

Wait!! Try this skin hack before you get your next treatment!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/15/2017 10:49 pm

1) If you've already tried everything and you still don't like the result
2) If you don't have the $$$ for treatment
3) If you have at least 3 months to kill

Then try the following approach. I've tried it for the last two weeks and I'm already seeing some improvement, albeit a modest one. Scars appear softer, skin plumper, etc.

4) This would also work as a great aftercare if you already had a treatment, FWIW.

What You Need
1) DMSO)*
2) Castor Oil3) Lugol's Iodine (2%)4) Allantoin

How to Apply (Updated 01/05/2018)
How you apply, or in what order, is not important. What's important is that they need to go below the skin. This can only be done with DMSO. Nevertheless, for the first two weeks, I've applied the topicals haphazardly without knowing what to expect. Over the ensuing weeks, I've learned discriminate between the ingredients and, without going into needlessly tedious details, let me just outline what I'm doing currently. The regimen is broken into a two-step application.

Step 1: Twice a day (preferably in the morning and at bedtime)

1) Mix 7 drops of Iodine with Castor Oil and apply to face
2) Apply a thin coat of DMSO
3) Wait for about 5 minutes and apply a second coat of DMSO.
Within the next 30 minutes, about 90% of the Castor Oil should get absorbed into the skin. It will not feel greasy to the touch. The remaining excess oil can be wiped off with a tissue.

Step 2: Throughout the day

Apply a serum made of the following: Aloe vera gel, hyaluronic acid powder, allantoin, and serrapeptase. (I will detail the how-to instruction later.)

* One word of caution about DMSO: DMSO is a transdermal agent, meaning it gets absorbed into the skin, so make sure you clean the site before application and be certain it doesn't come in contact with anything dirty, like soiled clothes. Also avoid plastic and latex gloves when handling DMSO. From what I know, all the toxins found in plastic/latex will get sucked in by DMSO and penetrate into the skin and/or bloodstream. Also, you don't need a lot. Spread a thin coat all around.

** Serrapeptase is the single most important item on this list. Some days I would just apply DMSO + Serrapeptase. The result is a real deal.

Note: This post will be updated periodically upon new findings.

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 12/20/2017 9:32 pm

Great post but i have some questions.

1)how much amount of each product should we apply(if you please tell me how much gr or ratio)?
2)Can i use it after dermapen?If not how many days before and after treatment?
3)How many times per week can i do this?
4)Can i use other topicals after that regimen (some hours after) or no?
5)Can i combine DMSO with : 1)aspirin ? 2)Aloe Vera Gel ? 3)MSM Cream ? 4) Comfrey? 5)other essential oils(lavender,tea tree oil)?
6)Is it better to drink MSM or apply on face?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/21/2017 11:18 pm

On 12/20/2017 at 6:32 PM, tasinho said:

1)how much amount of each product should we apply(if you please tell me how much gr or ratio)?

I don't think there's any concrete rule on what the ratio is. Be creative and try various methods. Sooner or later, you'll know what works and what doesn't. However, here's what I'm doing currently.

Allow me to preface by saying that DMSO comes in 2 forms: liquid and gel. I use 99% for the liquid but have diluted the gel from 99% to about 50% by mixing with distilled water. Anyway, I initially apply the 50% gel all over the face. Let that dry. Then I proceed with other topicals like Iodine, etc. Finally I apply the liquid DMSO (couple drops to each side of the face and the forehead).

2)Can i use it after dermapen?If not how many days before and after treatment?

The two are at complete odds with each other. With DMSO, you're trying to dissolve the existing scar, whereas with Dermapen and others you introduce more scars. So I wouldn't mix the two at the same time.What I suggest is that you first treat with DMSO. Why create more scars? If DMSO does in fact dissolve the scars, then new collagen will form where the void is created by DMSO. You'll need to apply this regimen on a daily basis, twice a day, for at least 3 months.

3)How many times per week can i do this?

7 days a week. If that's too much, your skin will let you know. As for me, I'm on my third week and haven't encountered any problem.

4)Can i use other topicals after that regimen (some hours after) or no?

Like what?

5)Can i combine DMSO with : 1)aspirin ? 2)Aloe Vera Gel ? 3)MSM Cream ? 4) Comfrey? 5)other essential oils(lavender,tea tree oil)?

No, do not combine with aspirin or MSM. Comfrey (or Allantoin) is actually very good. If you prefer to use oil, I suggest you use carrier oils rather than essential oils. Here are my favorite carrier oils:

Jojoba oil
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Sweet almond oil
Rosehip seed oil

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 12/22/2017 9:47 pm

22 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
I don't think there's any concrete rule on what the ratio is. Be creative and try various methods. Sooner or later, you'll know what works and what doesn't. However, here's what I'm doing currently.

Allow me to preface by saying that DMSO comes in 2 forms: liquid and gel. I use 99% for the liquid but have diluted the gel from 99% to about 50% by mixing with distilled water. Anyway, I initially apply the 50% gel all over the face. Let that dry. Then I proceed with other topicals like Iodine, etc. Finally I apply the liquid DMSO (couple drops to each side of the face and the forehead).

The two are at complete odds with each other. With DMSO, you're trying to dissolve the existing scar, whereas with Dermapen and others you introduce more scars. So I wouldn't mix the two at the same time.What I suggest is that you first treat with DMSO. Why create more scars? If DMSO does in fact dissolve the scars, then new collagen will form where the void is created by DMSO. You'll need to apply this regimen on a daily basis, twice a day, for at least 3 months.

7 days a week. If that's too much, your skin will let you know. As for me, I'm on my third week and haven't encountered any problem.

Like what?

No, do not combine with aspirin or MSM. Comfrey (or Allantoin) is actually very good. If you prefer to use oil, I suggest you use carrier oils rather than essential oils. Here are my favorite carrier oils:

Jojoba oil
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Sweet almond oil
Rosehip seed oil

I meant to use dermapen on 0,5-1,0 mm the days i wont use dmco,so as to help ingredients of "combination" masks insert my skin.For example,use dmco with "combinations" 2 days per week(4-5 days apart) and the other days use dermapen with msm masks.What do you think?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/23/2017 12:11 am

2 hours ago, tasinho said:

I meant to use dermapen on 0,5-1,0 mm the days i wont use dmco,so as to help ingredients of "combination" masks insert my skin.For example,use dmco with "combinations" 2 days per week(4-5 days apart) and the other days use dermapen with msm masks.What do you think?

Common sense dictates that you shouldn't use the dermapen more than once a month.

As far as absorption goes, DMSO will beat the derminator any day of the week. No matter how much you puncture the skin with the derminator, you won't get the same penetration as you would with DMSO. Plus, you can apply DMSO everyday without worrying about side-effects like swelling, redness, etc. If you don't believe me, do an experiment. Apply DMSO on one side of the face and needle the other side and see for yourself.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/28/2017 4:38 am

Just added serrapeptase to the above list. Will be posting some pics down the road. I'm liking what I see. :D 

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/28/2017 1:13 pm

Warning: Sorry I have to do this, but it has gone on too far and people are questioning about this thread in other threads, and there is a lot of misinformation.

Okay guys- here is the deal. DMSO is NOT FDA approved for humans topically. It is only approved for one condition within the body in humans. There is VERY little human testing with DMSO, and none on topical human issue on a live host, so no one can say if it is safe or if there could be negative outcomes at some point during using it. Sirius lee has no right to be supporting a potentially dangerous compound that is far from understood enough. It is in extremely poor taste.

Castor oil has not been studied for reducing scar tissue. It has antibacterial properties and is great for skincare, but do not expect it to help aged scarring.

Serrapeptase is a medication that has been long-used to help pain conditions. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic. It could potentially aid in reducing scar tissue in EARLY scars (a few months) but it WILL NOT HELP aged scars as the fibers have already formed.

Furthermore, this poster is also saying things like subcision and microneedling are not good approaches to scarring (FDA approved, highly researched, repeatable studies and observable results...) and instead promotes his old wive's tales on this forum. Saying microneedling creates more scars and that dsmo only helps is just completely wrong. Microneedling is proven to increase normal collagen fibers and elastin.

I strongly urge everyone to ignore this post and focus on treatments that have shown PROVEN and reliable results instead of wasting time on potentially dangerous and unstudied information. Please take heed of this.

ailaeshiz liked
MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 12/28/2017 3:05 pm

1 hour ago, Petsme said:

I strongly urge everyone to ignore this post and focus on treatments that have shown PROVEN and reliable results instead of wasting time on potentially dangerous and unstudied information. Please take heed of this.

You are right,but on this post (like other posts) we are discussing about "alternative" treatments that Sirius Lee mentioned.If someone wants to follow what he is proposing he can do it with his own risk.There other "dangerous" posts here too,like the other guy who subcised his own scars at home.That doesnt mean that everyone who reads all these posts,agree with them.We can exchange thoughts,opinions but if someone want to give them a try,he can do with his own risk.I read what Sirious Lee proposed,but that doesnt mean i will follow all of his opinions.But for sure,he gave me a lot of homework (searching sites about dmso etc).If Sirious Lee doesnt have problem,you can delete that post.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/28/2017 3:50 pm

The issue in this case is that it is not only potentially dangerous, but it is ALSO not at all shown to work, and then he rails on other treatments.

There re are many potentially harmful treatments on here, but none go so far as to make false claims about existing treatments

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2017 3:55 pm

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 12/28/2017 4:59 pm

On 12/28/2017 at 12:55 PM, Quadboy said:

What the hell, man? 

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/28/2017 5:15 pm

I think he was joking,

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/28/2017 5:25 pm

My gawd, what a hoot! If these are so dangerous, then why am I still here?

DMSO is not dangerous, unless you're so stupid to drink it internally or pour it in you eyes. There are MANY scholarly articles claiming to its efficacy. Serrapeptase and allantoin have been shown to dissolve fibrin. Just searching Google Scholar alone will yield countless number of articles. Just where the hell do you get your sources??

If you're so "scientifically" inclined, I'm all for it. But since I ain't forcing this protocol down anyone's throat, you also shouldn't disparage my claim based on your personal bias, which doesn't sound too professional.

@QuadboyCan you or other mods clean up this thread please? I think this forum can definitelyuse a naturalpathic version of scar treatment.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/28/2017 5:37 pm

11 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

My gawd, what a hoot! If these are so dangerous, then why am I still here?

DMSO is not dangerous, unless you're so stupid to drink it internally or pour it in you eyes. There are MANY scholarly articles claiming to its efficacy. Serrapeptase and allantoin have been shown to dissolve fibrin. Just searching Google Scholar alone will yield countless number of articles. Just where the hell do you get your sources??

If you're so "scientifically" inclined, I'm all for it. But since I ain't forcing this protocol down anyone's throat, you also shouldn't disparage my claim based on your personal bias, which doesn't sound too professional.

@QuadboyCan you or other mods clean up this thread please? I think this forum can definitelyuse a naturalpathic version of scar treatment.

Show me the articles where it is used on humans for scar tissue

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/28/2017 7:36 pm

1 hour ago, Petsme said:

Show me the articles where it is used on humans for scar tissue

Oh, the burden of proof is on me now? I thought it was you who was accusing me. Anyway, had you come here with the intent of carrying out an open dialog, I would have obliged. But since your main concern is to trash this thread, I will kindly decline your request. Why? Because no matter how many paper or article I provide, you will never accept them. That was never your plan in the first place.

To all: I ain't here to thrust my own views on anyone. I'm merely sharing what is working for me, hoping it would benefit other who might otherwise run into a brick wall. Whether you consider my suggestion as valid or not is up to you. But please don't be so ignorant by assuming that it doesn't work just because you think it doesn't. At the very least, try them out before mouthing off.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/29/2017 3:41 pm

20 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
Oh, the burden of proof is on me now? I thought it was you who was accusing me. Anyway, had you come here with the intent of carrying out an open dialog, I would have obliged. But since your main concern is to trash this thread, I will kindly decline your request. Why? Because no matter how many paper or article I provide, you will never accept them. That was never your plan in the first place.

To all: I ain't here to thrust my own views on anyone. I'm merely sharing what is working for me, hoping it would benefit other who might otherwise run into a brick wall. Whether you consider my suggestion as valid or not is up to you. But please don't be so ignorant by assuming that it doesn't work just because you think it doesn't. At the very least, try them out before mouthing off.

I never had any intention of trashing it. I'm asking you for evidence because I haven't found any. If there were evidence, I would apologize for saying these were unstudied and may not work. Until then, I was giving a simple warning to everyone to do this at their own risk.

ailaeshiz liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/30/2017 6:50 pm

On 12/29/2017 at 0:41 PM, Petsme said:

I never had any intention of trashing it. I'm asking you for evidence because I haven't found any. If there were evidence, I would apologize for saying these were unstudied and may not work. Until then, I was giving a simple warning to everyone to do this at their own risk.

If that's an apology, then I accept. By the same token, I stand corrected if any of my claims are misleading. You just need to substantiate your counter-argument and not merely regurgitate anecdotal evidence floating on the web. If that's how you want to do business, I can assure you that there are just as many anecdotal evidence that claim DMSO is perfectly safe to use on the skin.

Be that as it may, there is a vast number of published research papers touting the effectiveness of the topicals that I've outlined at the top of this thread specifically in regards to scar regeneration or scar dissolving. Here I provide just a few that I believe worthy for the sake of our argument.

DMSO
Please note that DMSO is all about enhancing cell membrane permeability (that is, allowing the large molecule to be absorbed through the cell membrane). By using DMSO, topicals like Hyaluronic Acid Serum, which normally cannot be absorbed due to its large molecule, can easily penetrate under the skin.

http://www.humankinetics.com/acucustom/sitename/Documents/DocumentItem/11915.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6576688
https://www.scribd.com/document/340072998/DMSO-Health-and-Safety-Information

Iodine

https://www.curezone.org/upload/_I_J_Forums/Derry_Iodine_Regen_6_7_08.pdf
https://skinverse.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/iodine-iontophoresis-in-reducing-scar-tissue.pdf

Allatoin

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/000527448090039X
http://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/medical/issues/sag-16-46-4/sag-46-4-43-1504-16.pdf
http://lahystore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Allantoin.pdf

Serrapeptase

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095177917300242
https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v6i7/ART20175186.pdf

Castor Oil

I haven't had much luck finding any research paper on castor oil's role on scar reduction, even though there are many personal testimonies by individuals who swear that castor oil healed or reduced the appearance of their scars (see the following link):

http://skinverse.com/how-castor-oil-healed-my-scar-with-before-and-after-photos

On 12/28/2017 at 10:13 AM, Petsme said:

Furthermore, this poster is also saying things like subcision and microneedling are not good approaches to scarring (FDA approved, highly researched, repeatable studies and observable results...) and instead promotes his old wive's tales on this forum.

Seriously? If you go back to my posts as recent as November (yes, last month), you would know that I explicitly told people to get either subcision or Infini. And if you don't know already, Infini is nothing other than microneedling on steroid. Go figure.

malia02 and keving100 liked
MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 1:45 am

On 12/16/2017 at 9:19 AM, Sirius Lee said:
1) If you've already tried everything and you still don't like the result
2) If you don't have the $$$ for treatment
3) If you have at least 3 months to kill

Then try the following approach. I've tried it for the last two weeks and I'm already seeing some improvement, albeit a modest one. Scars appear softer, skin plumper, etc.

4) This would also work as a great aftercare if you already had a treatment, FWIW.

What you need:

1)DMSO)*
2)Castor Oil3)Lugol's Iodine (2%)4)Allantoin
* DMSO comes in either gel or liquid form. I suggest you get pure 99.9% concentration.
** Allantoin comes in powder form. Combine allantoin and DMSO together.

How you apply, or in what order, is not important. What's important is that they need to go below the skin. This can only be done with DMSO.
What I do is 1) prime the face with DMSO, 2) apply Lugol, 3) apply allantoin/DMSO, 4) apply Castor oil, 5) apply DMSO again.

One word of caution about DMSO:DMSO is a transdermal agent, meaning it gets absorbed into the skin, so make sure you clean the site before application and be certain it doesn't come in contact with anything dirty, like soiled clothes. Also avoid plastic and latex gloves when handling DMSO. From what I know, all the toxins found in plastic/latex will get sucked in by DMSO and penetrate into the skin and/or bloodstream.Also, you don't need a lot. Spread a thin coat all around.

Hey. How exactly did you come about with the idea of using these products? I mean is it safe to try? I have oily skin (esp. the T-zone) and the skin on my face is pretty sensitive and breaks out easily.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:09 am

1 hour ago, Rashmi55 said:

Hey. How exactly did you come about with the idea of using these products? I mean is it safe to try? I have oily skin (esp. the T-zone) and the skin on my face is pretty sensitive and breaks out easily.

They're safe, otherwise I wouldn't have used it on my own face. Moreover, they're effective as far as I can tell. DMSO, in fact, very good in killing cystic acnes because of it anti-inflammatory effect. No inflammation, no zits. You can start out by diluting the DMSO with water, say, 50% and see how you react to it. Anyway, here are some of the research studies documenting their benefits.

DMSO
Please note that DMSO is all about enhancing cell membrane permeability (that is, allowing the large molecule to be absorbed through the cell membrane). By using DMSO, topicals like Hyaluronic Acid Serum, which normally cannot be absorbed due to its large molecule, can easily penetrate under the skin.

http://www.humankinetics.com/acucustom/sitename/Documents/DocumentItem/11915.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6576688
https://www.scribd.com/document/340072998/DMSO-Health-and-Safety-Information

Iodine

https://www.curezone.org/upload/_I_J_Forums/Derry_Iodine_Regen_6_7_08.pdf
https://skinverse.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/iodine-iontophoresis-in-reducing-scar-tissue.pdf

Allatoin

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/000527448090039X
http://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/medical/issues/sag-16-46-4/sag-46-4-43-1504-16.pdf
http://lahystore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Allantoin.pdf

Serrapeptase

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095177917300242
https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v6i7/ART20175186.pdf

Castor Oil

I haven't had much luck finding any research paper on castor oil's role on scar reduction, even though there are many personal testimonies by individuals who swear that castor oil healed or reduced the appearance of their scars (see the following link):

http://skinverse.com/how-castor-oil-healed-my-scar-with-before-and-after-photos

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@novai95)

Posted : 06/04/2018 7:04 am

@Sirius LeeHey super interested in starting to take Serrapeptase and following the regimen you provided. Have you been following this regimen over the past few months? And did you see any results? Let us know. Thanks

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/09/2018 12:24 pm

On 6/4/2018 at 5:04 AM, Novai95 said:
@Sirius LeeHey super interested in starting to take Serrapeptase and following the regimen you provided. Have you been following this regimen over the past few months? And did you see any results? Let us know. Thanks

I've been taking Serrapeptase pretty consistently from January to April when I had another treatment. I've been off since to let the collagen do its thing. I am still applying other topicals regularly, especially Allantoin (Dr. Christopher's Comfrey Ointment) and DMSO. As far as the results go, leading up to the treatment in April, I have seen pretty good improvement in the skin texture and some minor scar improvement. But 3 months aren't enough to say one way or the other. I am, however, noticing that the skin is healing a lot better after the latest treatment andI anticipate it will get better over the next couple months.

MemberMember
(@cold_cherry)

Posted : 06/10/2018 7:06 am

Can I use hyaluronic acid serum purchased at the store after dmso?

MemberMember
(@novai95)

Posted : 06/10/2018 10:25 am

21 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
@Sirius Lee
I've been taking Serrapeptase pretty consistently from January to April when I had another treatment. I've been off since to let the collagen do its thing. I am still applying other topicals regularly, especially Allantoin (Dr. Christopher's Comfrey Ointment) and DMSO. As far as the results go, leading up to the treatment in April, I have seen pretty good improvement in the skin texture and some minor scar improvement. But 3 months aren't enough to say one way or the other. I am, however, noticing that the skin is healing a lot better after the latest treatment andI anticipate it will get better over the next couple months.

What are you contributing the better healing to? Allantoin and DMSO?
Also are you recommending Serrapeptase should only be used during treatment and once its healed you should stop to let collagen build up?

Thanks again

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/10/2018 7:57 pm

9 hours ago, Novai95 said:

1) What are you contributing the better healing to? Allantoin and DMSO?
2) Also are you recommending Serrapeptase should only be used during treatment and once its healed you should stop to let collagen build up?

1) Allantoin (and possibly from many months of taking Serrapeptase).
2) Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme, which basically breaks down protein, which is what scar tissues are made of (right???). So, to answer your question, you'll want to take Serrapeptase for at least 3 months BEFORE treatment to soften up the scar tissue. Then stop taking it at least 1 week prior to treatment and continue stopping for another 3 weeks (preferably longer) after treatment. The reason why you want to stop is Serrapeptase can negatively interfere with the new collagen production.

MemberMember
(@cold_cherry)

Posted : 06/10/2018 8:29 pm

Can I use hyaluronic acid serum purchased at the store after DMSO?