Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

today i just couldnt face going into work or uni because of my acne. it's been like this now for ever five years and today i realised it will destroy my life. ive been through Accatane before and every cream under the sun. this summer when i was away my skin cleared up and i loved who i was then. i was confident and easygoing.

now walking through town and work...i just want to be alone.

i'm 19 and a total outgoing person who dreams of being on stage infront of people performing but this will never happen unless my skin clears up.

this weekend i have a huge family gathering. every year we have one it feels like ive not changed. i'm still this spotty guy.

my gf is fine with it and doesnt care in the slightest. but i would love to walk down the street with her having clear skin without hanging my head down low.

has anyone got any tips to defeat this attitude it have?

i know what you mean friend!

i was in the preformance program at my university and i ended up dropping out after only a month in because of my skin making me self-conscious. i just couldnt, you know?

my advice, now that my skin is getting worse, is to surround yourself with people who dont care what u lookn like . and the people who KNOW how beautiful uare when ur skin is clear, like how u mentioned u were in the summer? cos they give u a sense of its temporary fluctuating nature. that this, as all things, will pass.

its the flux that i hate. i hate being this changing all the time. ive always considered beauty to be definned as a certain continuity, and its hard to not posess that characteristic.

u said u went on accutane and im assuming it didnt work for you? can u tell em about your experience...? im curious as im just about to start, and ihope it is the cure they say. my brother just finished his 6 month journey on it and his skin i sclear , he only has the red marks,.

stay strong, ur not alone

-

u said u went on accutane and im assuming it didnt work for you? can u tell em about your experience...? im curious as im just about to start, and ihope it is the cure they say. my brother just finished his 6 month journey on it and his skin i sclear , he only has the red marks,.

stay strong, ur not alone

-

haha. thnx for the info. i started a journal here...so check with me in 4 months and see what the deal is on progrss.

u know i read something about low dose accutane over a longer period as waay effective, moreso than the intensive high dose, im gonna ask my derm about this too.

im looking forward to becoming a playette. i was in the summer, in my brief gorgeous period. i already miss it.

luck on ur second round!