Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilliman

roaccutane and non-cosmetic surgery

Hey, I'm not sure if anybody would be able to give me an answer to this but here goes anyway ;

I am considering surgery on my body, my chest to be exact, I have gynecomastia and have been on accutane for well over a year now. So my question would be...

Will the roaccutane effect my reovery after this kind of surgery and will it mean I will be more exposed to scars during this surgery ?

Thanks in advance.

Im not sure you can have surgery whilst on accutane.. or at least you have to stop it before hand and during the healing time because it does slow down healing majorly. You might want to ring a physician about it.

I had an appendectomy recently while on Accutane and I only stopped taking it for about 3 days because I was at the hospital and didn't have it with me. The doctors didn't seem to have a problem with me starting it up again.

After 3.5 months though I can still see the scars. I'm sure by now they should be pretty gone. I mean its nothing major, but you can definatly see the incisions.