Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rae

regimen question for Dan

Hi Dan - I've been using the regimen for a few years now. In reviewing your step-by-step instructions again, I just have a couple of questions ...

Is it your contention that, when applying the bp, a continuous light rubbing/brushing with the finger will aid in the absorption ?? ... as opposed to just applying the bp & allowing it to soak in on its own? I think you mention somewhere on this site that you feel the bp will evaporate if you don't actually rub it in ... ? But, sometimes I wonder if the finger touching (although very light) might serve to aggitate?

Also, with this continuous light brushing, would you say that the time to stop is when the face begins to feel less slippery and more sticky?? IOW, the 'sticky feel' means that the bp is being sufficiently absorbed ... ?

Thanks for your time in answering this, AND thank youfor the wonderful tubes of bp you've developed for us.

rae

I would gently move the bp around until it's absorbed. Less slippery and more sticky is a good way to put it I guess, but my face isn't "sticky" exactly. It's hard to put into words.

I would gently move the bp around until it's absorbed.  Less slippery and more sticky is a good way to put it I guess, but my face isn't "sticky" exactly.  It's hard to put into words.

No, "sticky" isn't quite it.  I would say that the bp gel causes my fingertips to glide across my skin as I move the bp around.  The point of absorption has a more tacky feel, I guess.  When my fingertips cannot glide so easily; but, rather, my skin begins to feel a bit tacky (because the bp is, indeed, absorbing), then that's the point where I think it's right to move on to the next area.

I know this all sounds trivial; but, when a person is learning this process & trying to do the right thing, these little details can be helpful.

rae